Just got stupidly upset over birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got stupidly upset over birthday

Just got stupidly upset as it's my birthday tomorrow and it's one I'm going to have to spend without my SO. I knew this was going to happen when I got into the relationship, but it suddenly hit me when I saw the message he sent me when it became the right day in his time zone. And we both find ourselves with family commitments meaning we can't even have our usual chat. Any tips on coping with that particular issue?

Originally posted by QueenReginaMills View Post
    Just got stupidly upset as it's my birthday tomorrow and it's one I'm going to have to spend without my SO. I knew this was going to happen when I got into the relationship, but it suddenly hit me when I saw the message he sent me when it became the right day in his time zone. And we both find ourselves with family commitments meaning we can't even have our usual chat. Any tips on coping with that particular issue?
    I think it's a matter of realizing that it won't always be like this. My birthday & my SO's birthdays are November 8 & 10. Last year we didn't get to spend it together due to a difficult situation. We had the choice of being upset and dwelling on it or let it go and move forward. We chose to let it go. This year, not only are we spending it together but we are getting married on November 9th. Just remember, it's your mindset that is really going to help you.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
      I think it's a matter of realizing that it won't always be like this. My birthday & my SO's birthdays are November 8 & 10. Last year we didn't get to spend it together due to a difficult situation. We had the choice of being upset and dwelling on it or let it go and move forward. We chose to let it go. This year, not only are we spending it together but we are getting married on November 9th. Just remember, it's your mindset that is really going to help you.
      Pretty much the same. My SO's birthday is April 4, mine is April 25. The best we could both manage on those days were longer phone calls than usual. But what helped was planning together how we'll spend our birthdays *next* year, here at home!

Comment

Same... mine was middle of a school week.. we made a "date" for the weekend...I loved the idea of him making more, special time for me on another less stressful day then trying to do a bunch of stuff with time constraints. Its a day.. I think because I grew up military and pretty much moved during my bday month that it doesn't mean as much to me. That make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by QueenReginaMills View Post
          It is only an hours difference between London, and Amsterdam.

But both of you having family commitments at the same time. that really bites.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

It's only a day, as long as you make the time for each other it can be celebrated anytime.

Comment

I get upset over birthdays, too. I once saw on Facebook a video of him celebrating his - it was this year actually - with his family, in his home town, and while it was so nice to see him, and them, it also made my heart sink knowing I was not around. It is not so much the day in itself as knowing we loose out on so much of everything. I have less and less patience with the whole situation. I only dream that one day we will be able to make it not happen as much.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
              X