Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help....

Backstory:

My girlfriend and I met in our hometown and we dated three years before being long distance. She move away for work since she couldn't get the position she wanted at home due to her having no experience in that field. She got a job that is 3000 km away and I was more then happy for her, I helped her move and did everything that I could do to be 100% supportive. I own my own business and I can't move with her or else I would of 100% done that. We've been long distance now for 6 months and have seen each other once since then.

Now:

On my end its becoming awfully hard. I miss her like crazy and I miss having a companion. Im almost seeing that theres no point to being in a relationship when we're so far away from one another. I did fly out there and spend 3 weeks with her and it was just amazing but I want that 365 days of the year. She's always tired and not in the mood to FaceTime so we just have phone calls 99% of the time. The plan of her is to be out there for 2 years and I just dont think I can be like this for that long. She's my best friend but at the same time she's so far away. I dont see a point in seeing someone only 60 days out of a year. She feels like the relationship is fine and wants to continue thing but she's also in a new environment which means she's not thinking about it as much as I am. ( My life is pretty routine, it happens when you own your own business)

Im in a dilemma on where I don't know if I should end things and we both live our separate lives so she doesn't have any pressure from anyone to come home, and Im not constantly waiting on her. I just miss having someone I can come home to and cuddle with or joke around with. It's simply not the same when you're over the phone.

I just need some help on making a decision since I dont want to regret this when Im 80. I do love her very very much.

Its YOUR choice... we cant make that for you. I will say that it seems to be you that wants to end it and can't deal with being in a LDR.. some people just can't do it, and that's ok.
    Just don't try to push it off in her, She says she is fine with things , so you saying "so she doesn't have any pressure from anyone to come home" is not any part of that equation.
    Again, you need to figure out what it is you can and cant live with and talk to her about it. Communicate!

Best of luck to you both!

Comment

Thank you for the advice, what I meant by that is...I want her to come home when she want to come home not because theres someone waiting for her to come home. Does that make any sense? And what do you mean by not trying to push it off in her?

Comment

Yes it does... But your original post says ...I just miss having someone I can come home to and cuddle with or joke around with. It's simply not the same when you're over the phone. Then you say you don't see the point of only seeing someone 60 days a year
        So it seems like you are the one that needs more and are not happy ..again, that is ok.
        She says she is fine... So I am saying, don't make it seem like it's her fault or use her to justify what you feel.
        She is good. You are not. You need to decide what is best for you

Comment

In know exactly what you are saying, and have said it myself. You have actually opened my eyes to things my husband said to me that I never understood....and now I do. So, with that said, try doing what we do. I also miss the companionship, and I am lucky enough to see my husband every weekend......we FaceTime all night, as soon as I get home. Even doing mundane things like cooking dinner. And sometimes we say nothing to each other...but it's almost like he's in the same room. It helps. A lot. Good luck
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

My dad always told me that love is natural and doesn't require all of my energy.

Comment

Working...
            X