Any LDR wives in Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any LDR wives in Michigan?

My husband is in Scotland and I am currently back in Michigan until March. Scotland told me I could stay only two months the last time I tried to get in, so I now have to wait for six months to pass to try to get back in. My husband is finishing his degree and then will be moving to the USA.

I am just wondering if there are any LDR wives in Michigan who need friends that understand what they are going through. It would be great to get a group together.

Joyce

Im not in America, but do live in Scotland and was surprised to hear that you can only stay for such a short time even though you are married (I am clueless about these things).

Comment

I know! It's insane. They do allow you to be there for up to six months. I had already spend 4 months there previously, so when I went through customs the last time, they told me I could only stay two months and then had to leave. In order to apply for a spouse visa to stay there with my husband, he has to meet a strict financial requirement. He's a student right now and cannot meet those requirements. Lots of couples and families torn apart because of it.

Comment

When my SO came to visit me in May, his passport was stamped for six months, which is double the time I got visiting him using the VWP. I know the requirements for spousal visas are very strict in the UK, and exclude a lot of couples from pursuing that option. That's one of the reasons that we're filing for the K1 visa for me to move to the USA.

LDRs are not for the faint of heart! I hope you get to see your husband again soon.

Comment

We, too, are going after the "living the USA" option. Good luck!

Comment

I'm from MI but not a wife! I'm more of an unofficial fiance. He's asked me but I told him he has to ask in person. I live in Shelby twp and work in Rochester Hills. My guy lives in Norway and visa things scare me. Norway seems to be very strict on their immigration policies.

Comment

Working...
            X