Talking to him about helping w/plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking to him about helping w/plans?

So I am starting to develop feelings for the guy that I visited. The plane rides aren't all that gnarly and I don't mind going down to visit him. I am planning another trip there (longer this time) and I will be paying for hotel stay and 1/2 of the ticket. He wants me to come down, but I doubt he has even glanced at ticket prices, which are more expensive then last time, even though I am booking quite a bit of time ahead. Someone told me his lack of planning=he doesn't really want me to go down to see him. I know he will be thrilled for me to visit, but in the end I don't it to be so easy that I get taken for granted. Advice?

To me it doesn't sound like his lack of planning means he doesn't want you to come down, but more that he just wants you to sort it out if you're the one going there. Maybe after this visit, bring up the suggestion of him coming to see you the next time; see if he contributes to the planning then. If he still doesn't put the effort into to help plan, then he's either just lazy or not as interested as you may be. If just lazy, I'd simply ask him to contribute more, and if he likes you enough, he would try.

Comment

Set a time to sit down with him and look at these things together or tell him "each day that goes by, the ticket prices rise so we need to get tickets purchased by ________ or we'll have to postpone the visit".

I highly doubt that he isn't participating because he doesn't want you to visit. My SO is very laid-back and doesn't plan a whole much of anything. He's lived most of his life by going day by day and then I'm a huge planner. All of our trips have been us choosing the dates together and then me planning everything else.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I am definitely going to talk to him about it. I guess I just have had experience of putting in more work then my partner and ending up being taken for granted.

Comment

Working...
        X