Just need a minute to vent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need a minute to vent...

Hi everybody! Its been a while, but it's good to be back! So. My SO is military and he is stationed at a horrible base. Its a small town, so very little socially for him, and the workers on base are either overy worked or incompetent (resulting in more work for others). His job has been very hard for us because he often works 12-14 hour days, plus time on the weekends. This leaves him very stressed and exhausted, so he doesn't have much left to put into our relationship. We make things work but it's just hard sometimes.

Anyways, some recent developments came up and I just want to scream!! His boss was tasked for a last minute deployment and leaves next week. He met with her and now he will have to do his job and hers for the next 6 months, when he's already burnt out and extremely over worked. If he was a civilian he would have quit years ago ( like all the civilians that come to work there ) but he's stuck there for another two years and I'm just so upset for him and all that he has to go through, as well as frustrated with how this impacts our relationship. There is so much wring with the base and no good solutions. I know we'll get through this like we always do, but I just needed a minute to vent and be less positive (and I don't want to vent to him when he's upset too)

Thanks for listening!

That's military life for you. It was once described to me as "The Land that Makes No Fucking Sense". Stay strong, and remind yourself that it's only two more years. You'll be able to pull through it, and you'll be all the stronger because of it. You'll find that this nonsense is happening at every base, just not necessarily to everyone. Good luck to the both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
      That's military life for you. It was once described to me as "The Land that Makes No Fucking Sense". Stay strong, and remind yourself that it's only two more years. You'll be able to pull through it, and you'll be all the stronger because of it. You'll find that this nonsense is happening at every base, just not necessarily to everyone. Good luck to the both of you!
      Yup! I was just going to say the same thing. That's just how it is. That's why a lot of guys are so relieved when they get out. They don't miss the BS.

Comment

Haha thanks for the support guys! Yep, military life sucks. Luckly he's planning on getting out after this aweful experience. So counting down the months!

Comment

Originally posted by oinkpig329 View Post
          Hi everybody! Its been a while, but it's good to be back! So. My SO is military and he is stationed at a horrible base. Its a small town, so very little socially for him, and the workers on base are either overy worked or incompetent (resulting in more work for others). His job has been very hard for us because he often works 12-14 hour days, plus time on the weekends. This leaves him very stressed and exhausted, so he doesn't have much left to put into our relationship. We make things work but it's just hard sometimes.

Anyways, some recent developments came up and I just want to scream!! His boss was tasked for a last minute deployment and leaves next week. He met with her and now he will have to do his job and hers for the next 6 months, when he's already burnt out and extremely over worked. If he was a civilian he would have quit years ago ( like all the civilians that come to work there ) but he's stuck there for another two years and I'm just so upset for him and all that he has to go through, as well as frustrated with how this impacts our relationship. There is so much wring with the base and no good solutions. I know we'll get through this like we always do, but I just needed a minute to vent and be less positive (and I don't want to vent to him when he's upset too)

Thanks for listening!
          Are you referring to a community of pop. 15,000 or less?

When his superior was transferred, no thought was given to how the trickle-down affect as to job load? Would affect the CO(Commissioned Officers) and NCO(Non-Commissioned Officers) on the base, to say nothing of the civilian contractors.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
            Are you referring to a community of pop. 15,000 or less?

When his superior was transferred, no thought was given to how the trickle-down affect as to job load? Would affect the CO(Commissioned Officers) and NCO(Non-Commissioned Officers) on the base, to say nothing of the civilian contractors.
            Shouldn't trickle down that much.

To OP... Woooot to military life for sure. My dad was a 38 year career man... CO in San Diego, Alaska and Hawaii. Total shock each move Although the perks etc have gone down, embrace the travel and the sights you can see while you are still young !
            Here here to military life for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
              Shouldn't trickle down that much.

To OP... Woooot to military life for sure. My dad was a 38 year career man... CO in San Diego, Alaska and Hawaii. Total shock each move Although the perks etc have gone down, embrace the travel and the sights you can see while you are still young !
              Here here to military life for sure.
              My 2nd Cousin-in-law was in the U.S. Army for 20yrs.. They were stationed in VA, and Germany. Retired as a Major. He is a microbiologist.

First Visit: September 2016
              Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
              Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
              For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              John 4:12
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

As much as your situation sucks arse, your post made my heart melt at all the frustration you feel FOR your SO. Beautiful. You guys will totally survive this

Comment

Working...
                X