A huge thank you to everybody here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A huge thank you to everybody here!

I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the support that everybody gave me when I was going through my break up. I feel like I've finally come through the other side!

I found out today that he's seeing somebody else. I'm not surprised as. He's not very good at being on his own. But I was nowhere near as upset as I thought I would be by the time this happened!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I couldn't have got to this point without your fabulous advice!!

You're welcome
    Glad to see that you're so positive. Good things are still to come your way

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherfairy View Post
      I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the support that everybody gave me when I was going through my break up. I feel like I've finally come through the other side!

I found out today that he's seeing somebody else. I'm not surprised as. He's not very good at being on his own. But I was nowhere near as upset as I thought I would be by the time this happened!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I couldn't have got to this point without your fabulous advice!!
      I know my marriage(1992-2000) didn't involve an LDR. But when I found out my (ex)wife had a boyfriend. My family thought I would be jealous of the guy. Sure, I had feelings, like you. But I wasn't jealous of him, like you weren't jealous of the guy you were previously with. I was worried about his life. Because of my (ex)wife's medical, and emotional ignorance.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I'm just so pleased to be out of the other side to be honest. The last couple of years have been an emotional roller coaster.

I still want to come on here and see how everybody else's relationships are getting on. I have to confess though...i think I'll be looking for somebody a bit closer to home next time around. But then again, you never know where the right person might be...

Comment

Glad that you have made it out to the other side x

Comment

I'm just so pleased to be out of the other side to be honest. The last couple of years have been an emotional roller coaster.

I still want to come on here and see how everybody else's relationships are getting on. I have to confess though...i think I'll be looking for somebody a bit closer to home next time around. But then again, you never know where the right person might be...
            hope you find the right person as you deserve it

Comment

Thanks guys! I've been doing some dating again so it's been nice to meet different people and know that there are nice single guys still out there.

Maybe you can all help actually. I have developed a thing for one of the trainers at the gym. I started going to his classes after the break up and have had a couple of one-to-ones with him as part of my gym package.

I'm pretty sure he flirts back with me and I've heard on the grapevine that he's a really really nice guy. He and his ex also split up earlier this year because of distance.

I've been getting to know him better and we spend time chatting about none-gym stuff. Just not sure how to move to the next step (or to find out whether he wants to of course!). There's also the issue of whether he's allowed to date someone from work of course, but he seems to go out of his way to come and talk to me - so I don't know!

Comment

Hmmmm.....sounds like you are enjoying life. This is good!
                Now what about a public event....street fair or halloween parade on a day you're not at gym? Maybe ask to meet him there? If he's interested it gives you a low pressure way to find out? Good luck

Comment

See the thought of asking a guy out has always terrified me! Especially when I'm in gym wear!!!

It's hard because when we chat there are generally other people around. Apart from in my one-to-ones but I'm not due another one of those for a month or two.

I need to accidentally bump into him out of the gym or something!

Comment

See the thought of asking a guy out has always terrified me! Especially when I'm in gym wear!!!

It's hard because when we chat there are generally other people around. Apart from in my one-to-ones but I'm not due another one of those for a month or two.

I need to accidentally bump into him out of the gym or something!
                    I thought guys were supposed to ask the gals out?

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
                      Maybe if this was still the '50s.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                        Yuuuuup! Exactly! My guy asked me to drinks for our first date but when it came to making this thing official, I was the one who asked him to be my partner. He loved it. Literally his second set of words after, 'yes' were 'I've never been asked out before!'

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                          LOL, I was sort of joking. I remember one year when I was 12yrs.-old(1979), it took me five hours standing outside the library after closing, with a girl. For me to finally get the courage to ask her out.
                          Originally posted by BespectacledNerd View Post
                          Yuuuuup! Exactly! My guy asked me to drinks for our first date but when it came to making this thing official, I was the one who asked him to be my partner. He loved it. Literally his second set of words after, 'yes' were 'I've never been asked out before!'
                          Congrats!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
                            I would like him to ask me out chris! If you can help me to make this happen, that would be ideal 😜

Comment

Originally posted by BespectacledNerd View Post
                              I was actually joking.

I like it, too. When a woman takes the initiative in this area. Because it shows immediately that a gal is interested in the guy, and it isn't fluke. Then again, she could be a player.

Comment

Working...
                              X