Living with my boyfriend during university

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living with my boyfriend during university

Hello there im writing this to ask for your opinion on something me and my boyfriend want to do.
    A little backstory, we are both 17 (18 next year) . He is from England , has finished highschool and studies in college.Im from Bulgaria and im in highschool (until im 19).I want to study Human Nutrition which is a rare course and is not available in my country so the closest and most convenient way for me to study that is to move to Scotland.Ill be working part time to afford rent and ill have to get a roomate anyway.For that reason i think its better to live with someone i know and trust,it seems more safe.Ill be in a country i dont know at all and although i speak the language almost fluently, its still scary.
    Now ive never lived alone before ,im dependant on my parents, while he has been living independantly for about 6-7 months now.We have been together for 16 months or so all of it long distance and we first met in August and spend 20 great days together.We have gone through rough times,we were both pretty depressed until like the middle of the year for all kinds of reasons.
    But we stuck together as we loved each other dearly and for the last 2 months we have been doing really well.Its like after the visit we both became more mature and reassured in our love for each other and for the future we want together.He had a lot of issues from the past holding him back but since he came back he is really positive and is looking forward for our life together as we grow and learn together and is really trying to make things work.

Originally posted by Stanislava View Post
    Hello there im writing this to ask for your opinion on something me and my boyfriend want to do.
    A little backstory, we are both 17 (18 next year) . He is from England , has finished highschool and studies in college.Im from Bulgaria and im in highschool (until im 19).I want to study Human Nutrition which is a rare course and is not available in my country so the closest and most convenient way for me to study that is to move to Scotland.Ill be working part time to afford rent and ill have to get a roomate anyway.For that reason i think its better to live with someone i know and trust,it seems more safe.Ill be in a country i dont know at all and although i speak the language almost fluently, its still scary.
    Now ive never lived alone before ,im dependant on my parents, while he has been living independantly for about 6-7 months now.We have been together for 16 months or so all of it long distance and we first met in August and spend 20 great days together.We have gone through rough times,we were both pretty depressed until like the middle of the year for all kinds of reasons.
    But we stuck together as we loved each other dearly and for the last 2 months we have been doing really well.Its like after the visit we both became more mature and reassured in our love for each other and for the future we want together.He had a lot of issues from the past holding him back but since he came back he is really positive and is looking forward for our life together as we grow and learn together and is really trying to make things work.
    You have never lived completely by yourself, or at least with a roommate?

I have lived with roommates' several times. But never totally on my own. An ex n' I had separate SRO(Single Room Occupancy) down the hall from each other for a couple months, before we got an apartment. So it didn't genuinely feel like living alone.

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post

I have lived with roommates' several times. But never totally on my own. An ex n' I had separate SRO(Single Room Occupancy) down the hall from each other for a couple months, before we got an apartment. So it didn't genuinely feel like living alone.
      Nope ive never done that

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post

She's only 17. It's not unusual that she has only lived with her family.

OP, it's good that you have a direction that you want to go and are starting to plan. It's also positive that you are going to that region to go after a degree that you want that will be benificial for your future. Having your SO there is a bonus and that's a healthy way to be proceeding. I wish you the best of luck!
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanislava View Post
          although i speak the language almost fluently, its still scary.
          I am so tempted to make a joke about Scottish accent here (it's actually my favourite accent, though.)

On a rather serious note, you are going there to study and pursue your own dreams, it's not like you are going there for him only or something. As R&R said him being there is an added bonus. Which is a healthy approach to take. Best of luck to both of you :3

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
            She's only 17. It's not unusual that she has only lived with her family.

OP, it's good that you have a direction that you want to go and are starting to plan. It's also positive that you are going to that region to go after a degree that you want that will be benificial for your future. Having your SO there is a bonus and that's a healthy way to be proceeding. I wish you the best of luck!
            I didn't want to make that assumption.

First Visit: September 2016
            Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
            Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
            For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
            John 4:12
            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Thank you so much everyone, i believe its a good plan too i am really passionate about nutrition and i want to achieve my dream.Haha yeah scottish accent is a bit funny but actually its very similar to the Balkans accent in english so it wont be a problem

Comment

Working...
              X