Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice please

So basically I've been dating my long distance boyfriend for nearly two months and I feel like it's been going downhill recently. I used to love talking to Him and the conversations used to be so fun but now I feel like it's dry and sort of boring. Also the Skype sessions have become boring because we don't have anything to talk about and we always end up playing "truth or dare" which has got tiring now. I do love him and he says he loves me but I just feel like the relationship isn't fun anymore. Any advice on how to give it that spark again? Thank you.

What do each of you do in your individual lives? Are you still going out with friends, doing things you like, learning new things for yourselves? If you each have things going on as individuals, it will give you things to talk about. Maintaining your individuality while in a relationship actually helps you out quite a bit.

You can do different things with Skype. Cook a meal together or watch a movie together. If you have it on your phones, you can "take each other placees" and show them things in your area that you find interesting. There is a lot you can do if you really think about it.

A relationship takes effort, whether CD or LD. At the beginning, it's really easy because you are just starting to learn about each other. As things become more familiar, it's going to take more effort. This can be the start of what makes or breaks a couple. Some people aren't willing to put in what it takes to keep a relationship moving while others jump into it with gusto and take up that challenge and have fun with it.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonLucy99 View Post
      So basically I've been dating my long distance boyfriend for nearly two months and I feel like it's been going downhill recently. I used to love talking to Him and the conversations used to be so fun but now I feel like it's dry and sort of boring. Also the Skype sessions have become boring because we don't have anything to talk about and we always end up playing "truth or dare" which has got tiring now. I do love him and he says he loves me but I just feel like the relationship isn't fun anymore. Any advice on how to give it that spark again? Thank you.
      Time to look at the LDR Ideas(or whatever it is called).

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Well I just responded to your other post, but this one puts it into perspective a little more. If you only have been dating for two months, there probably is a reason why you don't feel crazy about him still. At this point you should still be head-over-heels about the person you're dating. It should still be new and fresh and fun and even if you are transitioning out of the "infatuation stage", you should always still genuinely enjoy spending time with your SO. I'm sorry, but I just don't think you're that into this guy. Cut him loose and move on.

Comment

Working...
        X