I don't love him anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't love him anymore?

How do you know if you don't love your long distance boyfriend anymore?

I think that you have that gut feeling.

Comment

You know it if you complain all the time about him, can't appreciate him the way he is, always think he is not doing enough or don't love you enough, don't feel happy anymore when you're talking to him, don't even care because he doesn't talk to you, don't smile anymore at his text messages, don't look forward to see him, you have stopped loving him. If you can't handle him anymore, I guess you don't love him anymore. If that ever happens, you can try to fix it, or you let go and tell him. So you and him can be happy and meet someone else.
      - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
      First meeting: December 2016
      Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
      Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
      Engaged: December 2017
      Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
      Fifth visit: December 2019
      Wedding: September 2019

Comment

I think if you're questioning whether or not you love your boyfriend anymore, you might just have the answer. It's probably hard to admit and might hurt to think about the absence of love.. but if this question is being asked, I think it might be time to let go.

Comment

Yes; sounds like you have your answer already. Best of luck!
          Met Online: 1998
          Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
          SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonLucy99 View Post
            https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-lov...or-forcing-it/
            https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-warning-signs

First Visit: September 2016
            Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
            Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
            For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
            John 4:12
            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Love is a choice. People don't realize that enough. You are never going to be in love with someone every day for years at time. That just isn't realistic. As long as you still love them as a person and you would like to be "in love" with them again, that should be enough. You have to work to get back there, but I truly believe that it can happen. I don't know how old you are or how long you have been with your partner, but the sooner you learn this lesson the better. Love ebbs and flows and is always, always a choice.

With that being said, you have to decide if you want to fall back in love with him again. If you do make that decision, that is okay, but please, please break it off swiftly and surely. Do not leave any room for hope or questions. If you are done, make sure that is clear and that it is because you don't want to love him anymore. I was dragged on for way too long in the exact same situation as you're describing and it makes it even more painful for your partner if you are unsure and are unable to make a definite decision. Either you want to love him again or you don't. It really isn't that difficult, but make the decision and stick with it.

Comment

Personally, I don't think it's really possible to just fall out of love. I think once you've -truly- fallen in love with someone, that feeling lingers and never totally goes away, whatever happens. If you want to stay with him, it's possible to work on it so that the passion doesn't go away. A lot of people mix falling out of love with falling out of passion, and feel so overwhelmed that they end up letting the relationship go and regret it later. Talk about it with your boyfriend, I know me and SO have been through the loss of passion state, and worked hard to make things balanced again.

Comment

Originally posted by OtantikTin View Post
                  Personally, I don't think it's really possible to just fall out of love. I think once you've -truly- fallen in love with someone, that feeling lingers and never totally goes away, whatever happens. If you want to stay with him, it's possible to work on it so that the passion doesn't go away. A lot of people mix falling out of love with falling out of passion, and feel so overwhelmed that they end up letting the relationship go and regret it later. Talk about it with your boyfriend, I know me and SO have been through the loss of passion state, and worked hard to make things balanced again.
                  While I agree about making sure it's only falling out of passion or not.
                  I do believe in falling out of love too. I didn't lose all my lingering feeling but I lost my will to continue it with him and that changed everything. And I didn't just simply stop wanting it, I couldn't bring myself to want it anymore despite trying as hard as possible.

But I seriously think people exaggerate and overthink about feeling "love". Love comes in all shapes and colours and is individual for everyone. You are the only one who can know whether what you feel and the relationship are right for you and whether it's what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonLucy99 View Post
                    I think it is different for everyone. It depends on what love is to you and how you get the gut feeling that this is someone you love.

Sometimes, I catch myself wondering these things, if my feelings are strong enough. It might because the relationships feels like it is not really "there" - we have now fewer visits plus the both of us are more busy -, or I am upset with something he did or he did not do.

But then I imagining him not being in my life, and am I filled up with this great sadness, like all of my friends died in a car crash and I heard about it on the news, and I literally start to cry. I know living without him would be like having to go on without a limb. I am shaking with fear that this should happen, that he should not longer be a part of my life in this way. That is how I know... that dispite the distance, and despite not having spoken to him much, despite our busy lives and our future being uncertain, he is my return point, all my thoughts include him. And I remember how I used to feel in the beginning about him, like I stumbled upon a unicorn in a forrest, this preacous gift to have him in my life. Of course we still have Mondays. He smokes in bed and he is not exactly the love letter writing type. But I know that he loves me and I feel that I belong with him. He is family. Plus I still think he is hot and so streetsmart and a caring, charming person. I think if you genuinly feel these things about your loved one that go beyond friendship, beyond simple attraction and that they are in/are your future, that is your answer.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                    X