Conversations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversations

Does anyone else's SO hate or just not call on the phone?

We used to talk to each other everyday via phone and texi, then it started going to once a week then once a month now seldom it happens.

We still txt all the time and oone a week we Skype but it really bothers me that I dont get to hear his voice as often as I'd like to. Now I myself am not a huge phone conversation type of person because I have kids and unless they are sleeping it gets loud etc but with him I feel closer to him when I can hear him talk, hear him laugh etc.

I'm one of those people who HATES the phone. I would much rather talk in person (or Skype Video) or text/chat. I'm not sure why but phones make me anxious. I feel like it's never good news when some one want's to phone.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

My SO is not much of a talker. When it comes to the phone. But she is much livelier in person.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Pick your battles.
        If you constantly text and see each other on Skype regularly, you really gotta let that one go. There are so many people here who get limited contact because the other person just won't make the effort to communicate, and meanwhile, your SO is just shy on the phone, but won't let a day go by without talking to you. It's really not a big deal.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Was it ever established that the two of you wanted to have regular phone conversations? You say that ya'll used to talk every day. Have you asked him if it is priority, or if he's too busy, or if it is slipping his mind?

The reason I asked is because nearly every morning my SO texted me good morning. She skipped a few days, and had not even realized it. Also, when she skipped, I didn't initiate any texts. So we talked on the phone in the evenings, and one evening I told her that I missed her morning texts. She apologized for not texting in the mornings, then said that she didn't realize that she had not been texting.

Then she said this, "Now that I'm thinking about it, I realize those little things really do matter and I will text you in the morning."

Then she did. And continues to.

Talk to your partner about the phone, and how regularly each of you wants to talk on the phone.

Comment

my boyfriend hates the phone so much youd think he would break out in hives if he answered a call. we barely spoke on the phone while we were separated, and we wouldnt skype much due to poor internet reception/his family eavesdropping. ultimately, i got used to mostly texting and sometimes voice notes. it worked for us and now we closed the distance its not much different, he still hates the phone.

Comment

Perhaps a happy medium - so you get to hear each other voice daily, but don't have to actually talk on the phone every day is sending each other voice messages. My SO is in another time zone +2hrs ahead of me. Every morning I wake up to a good morning voice message from him that always starts the day off right
              Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
              ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
              closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Unfortunately we only get to speak about once, very occasionally twice a week on the phone (facetime actually), due to our busy schedules. We do text every day when we're both awake, but do find it very difficult. I need to hear his voice a lot more than i do, chatting and laughing, as you say. And yes, the phone makes me feel closer to him as well.
                Met Online: 1998
                Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
                SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

In all honesty, even though my SO and I Skype everyday and the occasional text in between, I don't really like "using the phone" to speak to my SO, and I'm not all that fond of texting either. I would much prefer face-to-face contact with him but that's a luxury neither of us has had as of yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X