Miss like crazy already, withdrawal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss like crazy already, withdrawal?

So I went to visit my SO (we made it official) a couple days ago and its like I'm going through withdrawal after coming back home. For the few days it was like we were attached at the hip, we couldn't get enough of each other in those days. I cried on the plane and when I got home, knowing I would only get to be w/him again in a couple of months. I'm just wondering how to cope and feel better. He has been in my thoughts a lot and the feeling of being in a relationship again is amazing, though it seems unreal because of how far away he is. I am not my happy self because I miss him a lot. How do you deal w/these feelings?

Originally posted by NewToLongDistance2016 View Post
    So I went to visit my SO (we made it official) a couple days ago and its like I'm going through withdrawal after coming back home. For the few days it was like we were attached at the hip, we couldn't get enough of each other in those days. I cried on the plane and when I got home, knowing I would only get to be w/him again in a couple of months. I'm just wondering how to cope and feel better. He has been in my thoughts a lot and the feeling of being in a relationship again is amazing, though it seems unreal because of how far away he is. I am not my happy self because I miss him a lot. How do you deal w/these feelings?
    I know the feeling. My first visit was in September. I am going back in January to spend the week of her birthday with her.

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I have been visiting my boyfriend for the past few days now, and I leave early Tuesday morning. Tomorrow is our last day together, and I am already dreading the goodbye. It feels like he is moving away all over again!

Comment

My girlfriend was here in September for a few days and when she left, I felt absolutely empty. The only thing that helps is the thought that the distance will not be a factor for too long. We'll see each other again and it'll be just as amazing as it was when she was here. Try to keep as busy as possible - I know it's hard, but it's the only thing we can do.

Comment

The thing to remember is you had a life going on before you met your SO and that life is still there for you. A relationship should add another aspect to your life but not be your only/main focus. I find it easy to go back to my life when a visit is over because I have so much going on at home. Yes, I miss him being right there but a majority of our relationship we have been apart, so I can't let those times together become the only thing I focus on.

I'm on a visit with him right now. I hadn't see him in 16 months. We're getting married on Wednesday and our first year or so of married life we'll be apart. I have a goal of getting my BA in that year. I focus on things that will benefit me and us while we are apart. Continue to do things that will allowyou to grow as a person and keep you busy.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

First visits are always the hardest. I cried for 3 days...
            My solution was just to keep busy and focused on other things. Also, talking or planning the next visit helps a lot, cause you'll have something to look forward to!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
              First visits are always the hardest. I cried for 3 days...
              My solution was just to keep busy and focused on other things. Also, talking or planning the next visit helps a lot, cause you'll have something to look forward to!
              :| Man.. I can only imagine us on our own first visit.. I'll probably cry for a week!

----

But yes, distractions! I try and keep myself distracted when I'm feeling overwhelmed with emotions. It's not easy.. And I've broken down a few times but we talk about it and how we know we can do this. Like R&R said, you're your OWN person. You have passions, wants and needs. Focus on those. I know my SO encourages me to go out and try new things or hang out with my friends and I do the same for him -- it's a nice balance too, living my life, doing my own thing, while distracting me from missing him so dearly. Plus, doing your own thing gives you plenty to talk about when you talk/meet again!

Comment

As everyone else has said distractions are the way to go!
                I think I spent like 2 days solid looking at cute printable things and crafty things to make and send her as a way to distract myself. As a result, it's now what I do when i miss her, i look up presents for her and her poor small enough room as it is is slowly just being filled up with presents from me :P
                my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Visiting my boyfriend right now, leaving on Sunday... I am heartbroken thinking about it, we are having such a great time!

The key is really keeping busy. Make projects independent of the relationship. Maybe plan a trip with a friend. What also helps is little routines with your SO that give you a feeling of balance and stability. For us it is the short daily phone calls and the goodnight call. It could also be a show you both watch, an online game you play together or anything else really. And be kind to yourself. Missing someone you love is a beautiful thing because it means you have found something precious.

Comment

My boyfriend and I always play trivia crack together to stay connected, it's hilarious how competitive we get over that game!

Comment

Start planning your next visit. I always find it so much easier if you have rough dates in place, it really gives you something to look forward to. The first visit when I had to go home, I pretty much cried the entire time in the airport and on both my flights home and little things like songs etc would set me off for days! Keeping busy and seeing friends is the best thing to do as well. My boyfriend left to fly home from me last month and this week I'll be booking my flight to see him again in April .

Comment

Besides keeping up with distractions, we're really finding that apps made for LDR's are pretty freaking great and keep us connected. I read on here about the Couple app. So adorable. My favorite part of the app is just the button that lets your partner know you're thinking of them. We both have busy schedules but when he sends me that little button-thing, I feel THAT much closer to him -- plus, it's nice to know when you're partner has you on their mind. You can also do all the usual couple-y things when you do find the time for each other -- watch movies, tv shows at the same time, etc.

I'd honestly also suggest maybe opening up and telling him how you're feeling -- chances are, he's feeling the same way. My SO and I have had a many conversations about the emotions of being in a LDR. It's comforting to hear him tell me how it's just for a small space of time and that we'll be together again soon, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X