LDR While Living With My Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR While Living With My Parents

Alright. So I'm thinking about entering into a LDR with a guy that I really like. He is only a 2.5 hour drive away which is completely manageable. One big problem is that until this next Fall I have to live at home with my parents, so him visiting me is not exactly ideal. Therefore, I would probably be doing most of the travel to him (he has his own place). I'm worried that that might cause resentment. How do I make this work?

Also, first time ever even considering doing long distance. What customary for a good amount of visits? Any other tips logistics wise? I'll take all the help I can get. With our lives right now the long distance status has the potential to go on for years, so its looking bleak.

When my LDR first began, I was in graduate school so I was living at home with my parents. My boyfriend was also 2.5 hours away, and we saw one another every weekend. I usually was the one always traveling to him because of his work schedule, plus there was just so much more for us to do in his hometown than in mine. You just have to talk to your parents about how they would feel about him visiting you/staying in their house.
    [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
    Cherie & Jeffrey
    Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
    Engaged: 7/7/2017
    Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
    MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
    Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
    Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

In my case, I don't want my s/o anywhere near my elderly mother's house. Not because of my s/o. But because of my elderly mother. My mother graduate from UNC-Chapel Hill in the 1960's shortly before I was born. With a degree in journalism. My mother would be very intrusive, if my s/o were here. I am thankful my s/o can't afford to fly out here. I prefer to fly out there.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
      X