Am I Being Too Naggy or Annoying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I Being Too Naggy or Annoying?

Recently I've been very needy when it comes to his attention. I always wanted to hear his voice and even get sad or mad when he doesnt have any time to call. He is now working in a coffee shop in Canada so he tends to be too tired after work. I really do understand his situation, but i dunno, i keep on getting annoyed even when i understand that he's tired and unable to talk or even move a muscle. I dont know what's up with me. :/

I'm a bit like you...
    My boyfriend doesn't like when I'm like that and he is not shy to tell me "hey, you're being needy now. Stop that."
    So I try to let him space. From time to time, I need him more and some other time, it's okay. You have to learn to give him space although it can be difficult. It's a matter of self-control haha, especially if you know he loves you and so on.
    You can both make compromises. You can talk of that with him too. So, it might help. If he understand how you feel, he will maybe be a bit different.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

One of the best ways push your partner away is to be constantly needy and to get "mad" at him when you cant hear their voice on demand,
      We all have lives, jobs, school, church, whatever.. and if you don't, you need to. To expect someone to be there for you on demand is not healthy.
      Find something else to do when he is tired etc. Plan specific times that you can chat or call or communicate, then live your life and let him live his. Relationships enhance each others lives, they don't depend on them. Some of us go days/weeks with out contact- especially military. Enjoy your limited time, don't make it a chore for your partner.

Comment

Originally posted by samantha_joplin View Post
        Recently I've been very needy when it comes to his attention. I always wanted to hear his voice and even get sad or mad when he doesn't have any time to call. He is now working in a coffee shop in Canada so he tends to be too tired after work. I really do understand his situation, but i dunno, i keep on getting annoyed even when i understand that he's tired and unable to talk or even move a muscle. I dont know what's up with me. :/
        Are you contacting him at work, repeatedly?

I am asking. Because that is something my (ex)wife would do all the time....while we were both at work. Despite our working for different departments' within the U.S. Government, and rarely do they fire people. I was constantly worried about being fired. Several co-workers in my office complained to me. I fully understood what they were talking about. I had to have a long talk with her about.

Your boyfriend's boss could very easily fire him. Because of you contacting him too much.

Not everything needs to be asked while he is at work.
        Last edited by Chris516; November 21, 2016, 09:14 PM.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

As much as possible, we talk everyday. But not when we are at our workplace. We call each other when both of us have our free time, like me after work on my way home at night while he is prepping up in the morning. But we do respect the work time. Im just being crazy when we do have our scheduled time to talk, but sometimes he's tired or just spaced out haha..

Comment

As much as possible, we talk everyday. But not when we are at our workplace. We call each other when both of us have our free time, like me after work on my way home at night while he is prepping up in the morning. But we do respect the work time. I'm just being crazy when we do have our scheduled time to talk, but sometimes he's tired or just spaced out haha..
            Ok, I am glad to hear that his work time is out, when communicating daily. My s/o n' I do talk daily. But, If she tells me, she is tired, or needs to do something before she calls me back. I am fine with that. I don't talk to her more than once a day.

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

As much as possible, we talk everyday. But not when we are at our workplace. We call each other when both of us have our free time, like me after work on my way home at night while he is prepping up in the morning. But we do respect the work time. Im just being crazy when we do have our scheduled time to talk, but sometimes he's tired or just spaced out haha..
              Life happens! My SO and I are always in contact.. we have called up past 14 times a day with silly stuff...only if we are both ok with it though, that's the important part, I talk enough for both of us and he is a great listener! We both have are days when we will just say I love you, and do naps etc.
              Again, be respectful and put yourself in his shoes once in a whole!

Comment

Maybe I just need to be more understanding. I'm really new to this situation, 3 months to be specific. And since we've been together for just a year and a half, this LDR thing is kinda killing me but Im really doing everything i can to make things easier for us till we close the distance. I love him so much so ill do every compromise for us to stay together.
                Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
                Ok, I am glad to hear that his work time is out, when communicating daily. My s/o n' I do talk daily. But, If she tells me, she is tired, or needs to do something before she calls me back. I am fine with that. I don't talk to her more than once a day.

Comment

Maybe I just need to be more understanding. I'm really new to this situation, 3 months to be specific. And since we've been together for just a year and a half, this LDR thing is kinda killing me but I'm really doing everything i can to make things easier for us till we close the distance. I love him so much so ill do every compromise for us to stay together.
                  That is good to hear.

Comment

An idea, could you ask him to send you a recording of his voice. We haven't done this for ages but in the past we have sent each other recordings of chapters of books etc for each other to listen to when we're too busy to talk. That way you could listen to him when you wanted to.

Comment

Sometimes when my SO and I are fed up of just texting and want to hear each others voice but cant call we send little voice messages over Facebook messenger. this is great because obviously i get to hear her voice and it's just a bit like a delayed phone call if we send a few back and fourth, and of course you can just do it like send one in the morning and then one at night just so you hear each others voice in some way that day. Maybe you could suggest that to your SO?
                      my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                      Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                      Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                      Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                      Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                      Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                      Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                      Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                      All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Your story feels so much like mine. I am in a relationship since a year and a half and he is away since the last three months. The three months have been difficult but now, i too feel that i am getting very needy and annoying. I know he loves me and does everything to keep my happy, but the frustration of not being able to see him comes out anyhow. I fight over stupid things, which i know I shouldn't. I feel incomplete and i am not able to cope up with this fact that i won't see him for the next 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                          An idea, could you ask him to send you a recording of his voice. We haven't done this for ages but in the past we have sent each other recordings of chapters of books etc for each other to listen to when we're too busy to talk. That way you could listen to him when you wanted to.
                          I think that's genius. I'll suggest it to him. Hopefully he'll have time for that.

Comment

Working...
                          X