Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my ldr boyfriend losing interest and doesn’t have time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my ldr boyfriend losing interest and doesn’t have time?

Hi! My bf and I are in ldr for a couple of months now. We're 22. We can't wait to see eachother and finally have the month of „closing the distance“. There is a time diffrence of 8 hrs but it is more problem for me because I stay awake for him. At first we talked really much, like really, and every day. But then he started to miss our conversations. That's normal because we talked really much. Then we didn't talk for 3-4 days and he started to miss the time when we should talk, he wasn't there, always with excuses. Then we agreed that we'll talk every day for a bit just to see eachother and hear eachothers voice, to chat every day and have date nights sometimes in a week. He didn't do as we agreed, and knows that's really a big deal for me, I wanna talk to him! He says he would do anything for me and that he misses me a looooott… Then he got sick and of course he couldn't reply my messages, he was in hospital. And then when he returned, his dad (he lives with his dad) grounded him and he culdn't use phone and computer. I could see he was grounded because he wasn't online on fb and didn't show any activity on other apps. He texted me everyday a short text when his dad went somewhere. But recently I can see him online on apps and he doesn't find time to respond my messages, he sends 2-3 short texts and says he's going to sleep or that he can't use phone anymore, but I can see he was online posting things 3-4 hours later? I think he's not grounded anymore. What is going on? He says he misses me a lot and can't wait to be together!

Your bf had to go to a hospital because he was sick and once he returned his dad grounded 22 year old man and took away his electronics? Sorry, but somethig doesn't add up to me.

If you have been together for a few months and the communication problems like that has already started then I don't think it will get better. Unless he has a very good excuse. I still think the dad thing is iffy.

Comment

His activity is suspicious.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I would be very wary, he obviously doesn't find responding to you important. When communication habits change in a relationship, one partner is likely losing interest. My ex and I texted all the time, the texts became less and the wait time became longer from him, he was also not the same in person. As hard as it is, don't text him and see if he texts you 1st, if it takes days, then I would consider moving on.

Comment

he lost his job and got into a fight with dad, that's why he is grounded
          well.. I'll be understanding and observe situation for a few more days... bc I have never thought of someone like him.. and he says today again that he can't wait to be with me and wants to be with me as soon as possible and that I'm the person with whom he wants to spend lifetime... Maybe I'm naive.. But I'll wait for a few more days before giving up on him......
          and when I don't text him he replies same day and you know, I had been in love but I have never been able to see myself in future with someone, but I see myself with him... I never loved this much...

Comment

Originally posted by NewToLongDistance2016 View Post
            I would be very wary, he obviously doesn't find responding to you important. When communication habits change in a relationship, one partner is likely losing interest. My ex and I texted all the time, the texts became less and the wait time became longer from him, he was also not the same in person. As hard as it is, don't text him and see if he texts you 1st, if it takes days, then I would consider moving on.
            OP, Like above. My previous LDR was going gangbusters. No CD in the immediate future, but it was going gangbusters. That was until 4.5yrs.. She started telling me that she couldn't give me what I want. She started communicating less(in the beginning, we would be on the phone for six hours each night). She wouldn't answer the phone. She wouldn't answer me on Facebook or e-mail. I finally gave up. Not out of disgust, but out of sadness. She did a lot of things that would driven the average person crazy to the point of breaking up with her. She also bought me a lot of things for which, I couldn't financially reciprocate. She lived with(and still lives with) her parents'. But I always looked at the positive in everything she did. But I couldn't make her communicate.
            Last edited by Chris516; December 5, 2016, 05:26 PM.

First Visit: September 2016
            Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
            Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
            For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
            John 4:12
            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Bit strange how a grown man could be grounded.

Comment

Working...
              X