SO sleeps A LOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fast Forward View Post
    Hi Rezie, I didn't see your post until now, sorry about that.

I agree with what you say about the Honey Moon phase and it is my concern as well. But I guess in this case I have to wait and see. He has mild OCD, so he gets very hung up on routines, which could actually mean that when we move in together and he get used to sleeping less hours, he will be fine with it soon and then stick with that. I know my routines have changed many times over the years (though I am not OCD), and I have started sleeping less when I moved into my own place as the responsibility was giving me a reason to get up Nobody else taking care of things and you not wanting to live in a mess can be a strong motivator. So for now I give him "the benefit of the doubt" so to say.

On the weekends he does tend to go to sleep late, around 3 or so. He still manages to sleep 12 hours and more though. Usually he'd wake up around 9 or 10, use the bathroom, then go back to sleeping. He is not a person whit a lot of hobbies or responsibilities outside work - he has a dog but his parents take care of her as well, so he takes over in the afternoon. There is still debate whether or not the dog will move with us - if she does it will be all his to care about though
    So it could be a bad personal hygiene and unrelated to the other issues.

However, you are right, if it persists and keeps making me unhappy (though right now that is a strong word - I am fairly busy, so I am rather annoyed when he is unavailable, but not strictly speaking unhappy), I will bring it up. So far, whenever I would say something like that, he would meet me in the middle. But how long it lasts, hard to tell with the distance.
    This issue will not get better, it will only get worse as time goes by. I struggle not sleeping in a lot on days off, I have started getting into volunteering, so that I have to get up and go. If your bf doesn't acquire any hobbies or push himself to get out there, this will be his life. If you choose to live w/him, you will be the one doing everything. The way he takes care of his dog, is a look into the future if you have kids. He will not change, unless he decides to change and from experience he will not or maybe it will take him years to improve. I know you love him, but you want a man who can be your partner, not a burden.

Comment

Working...
    X