He left four days ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He left four days ago

So I've never really done anything like this before being only 18 but my boyfriend is 25 and four days ago joined a cruise ship as a Maitre D. It's only a small boat but he's away for six months (initially nine so I'm sure you can imagine how happy I was when it got shortened). Anyway, it's hard to find anyone that I know of that's going through a LDR and I just miss him so much. I just feel like I need a little support off people who are going through a similar thing. Tried speaking to my parents and friends but they have no clue how hard it's been. My best friend's cousin was in a LDR for five months with his air hostess girlfriend and they've just split up so it's not looking too reassuring. Any words of wisdom or support, I'd be ridiculously grateful.

Pretty much everybody here will you read different sections on the forum as well on this topic.

Firstday or two to be sad and upset, but then put on your big girl pants and start living your life again. Seriously. Give yourself 48 hours max to mope and cry.. You do have a life you do have your own interest you have your own things to do, so go do them. Hang with your friends, take up a hobby or college class...Your SO Should enhance your life not BE your life.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ298 View Post
      So I've never really done anything like this before being only 18 but my boyfriend is 25 and four days ago joined a cruise ship as a Maitre D. It's only a small boat but he's away for six months (initially nine so I'm sure you can imagine how happy I was when it got shortened). Anyway, it's hard to find anyone that I know of that's going through a LDR and I just miss him so much. I just feel like I need a little support off people who are going through a similar thing. Tried speaking to my parents and friends but they have no clue how hard it's been. My best friend's cousin was in a LDR for five months with his air hostess girlfriend and they've just split up so it's not looking too reassuring. Any words of wisdom or support, I'd be ridiculously grateful.
      This is just a thought. Contact the big cruise lines like Carnival Cruise Lines, or Norwegian Caribbean. Ask them if they have some sort of thing they do for the spouses' of those that work on the cruise ships. I know your boyfriend doesn't work for either of those two cruise lines. But to get an idea of what the cruise line your boyfriend works for, could do for you.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
      X