torn apart..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torn apart..

I was finally getting used to the distance but part of the reason it was tolerable was because we had set a date for him to visit. Having something to look forward to and work towards really helped. He was supposed to come next Friday the 24th. But last night his mom told him that she just told him that he could go then to shut him up and get him to stop asking. She never intended that he visit me, and doesn't think its a good idea for us to see each other at all. I'm so upset not only because its gonna be so much longer until I can visit home but that his mom is trying to keep us apart. I don't know where this is coming from, she has always loved me, even called me her daughter-in-law...

Mom's do the craziest, stupidest things sometimes =/ *huggles*That's horrible and I hope he finds a way to visit you. I wonder what her reasons might be for those things. *huggles* either way, I wish you luck

Comment

You poor thing <3 My bf's dad doesn't like me too and has tried to stop his visits to see me. I have to work much harder at going to see him, but we haven't run into any problems yet.

I would ask your boyfriend to have a chat with her and see what the main issues are. Good luck!
      First date: 12.27.09
      Started the distance: 6.10.10
      Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

It would seem to me either it's the mood she was in or she's had some strange 'revelation' about you two that she thinks is right. Has your SO tried talking to her about it again? Were tickets already bought? Because if they had been, it would seem a huge waste of money to have them canceled now and in this economy you're just better off going rather than staying.

Comment

Has he asked her why she doesn't think that it is a good idea? I mean, if he can explain everything and make his mom see that whatever she worries about is not something that she should worry about maybe then she will let him see you.
          It probably would be a good idea if you and your SO could talk to his mom about it, if it seems like it is coming out of nowhere maybe she has been influenced by soemthing else and you need to talk it out with her.

Comment

I am sorry, and I hope you can find a moment soon to be together again. He will have to talk to his mom, maybe she was having a bad day or something.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you will see him soon though!

Comment

She wouldn't really give him a reason.. I was so upset about it that my mom arranged for me to visit him instead! so now I'll still be with him in a week but the fact that his mom did that still bugs me...

Comment

I'm happy to hear that a visit will still happen. You can always try and talk to his mom when you are visiting?

Comment

Originally posted by littlewinged1 View Post
                    She wouldn't really give him a reason.. I was so upset about it that my mom arranged for me to visit him instead! so now I'll still be with him in a week but the fact that his mom did that still bugs me...
                    Sounds like a sign that it wasn't thought through on her part, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Chances are if she was 100% against this she'd be finding a way to keep you from coming, too. Just take it as one of those odd mom relapse in decision moments and I hope you guys have tons of fun.

Comment

when i go home this weekend i'll talk to her. if she is my real mother-in-law someday we have to be close again

Comment

Well, you don't have to be close to his family, it's never a requirement as family's always the frill on the package. However, since it seems to be important to you, trying certainly can't hurt. Just remember you can't make everyone like you and if this newfound dislike/general attitude sticks around, that's entirely on her and it's nothing you've done.

Comment

thanks, i'll have to keep that in mind

Comment

Working...
                          X