Should/How do I ask her out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should/How do I ask her out?

We met about two months ago and have talked almost every night. We really like each other but I am afraid to ask her out. Sometimes it feels like she only wants to be friends and other times, something more. One time we talked about sex and she said it would make her really happy to do it with me. Other times she tells me how she wants to date a guy but I am not sure if she is serious or just trying to make me jealous. She gets asked out by a lot of guys that know her in real life and she told me she hates it cause she rejects them and breaks their hearts. Since then I have been really afraid to ask her. I also don't know how to ask her out, since I can't do it in person. She plans on coming down to meet me in March, so I don't know if I should wait and do it then. I just want to get with her before somebody else does.

My opinion would be she obviously seems into you and when women are interested (the fact that she mentioned sex, unless she is the hook-up/friends with benefits type) she's making it obvious she wants you in her orbit. The (more than) subtle hints seem to be there ie ," she tells me how she wants to date a guy," which could be her sly way of alluding to you hoping for you to catch on. Heck, she wants to come see you! I don't think many people casually just decide to see a random guy unless they have some thoughts that stem from more than simply being platonic. If she seems playful and brings up the banter herself without you pressing her much, she's trying to get you to ask her out. Whenever and whatever you decide to do *nudge* be confident and direct! Don't beat around the bush and don't appear indecisive. Just be authentic and the least bit robotic.

With all that said, you can choose to flesh it out a bit more over the course of days or weeks. More power to you.
    Last edited by Sun_King; January 1, 2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TSM View Post
      We met about two months ago and have talked almost every night. We really like each other but I am afraid to ask her out. Sometimes it feels like she only wants to be friends and other times, something more. One time we talked about sex and she said it would make her really happy to do it with me. Other times she tells me how she wants to date a guy but I am not sure if she is serious or just trying to make me jealous. She gets asked out by a lot of guys that know her in real life and she told me she hates it cause she rejects them and breaks their hearts. Since then I have been really afraid to ask her. I also don't know how to ask her out, since I can't do it in person. She plans on coming down to meet me in March, so I don't know if I should wait and do it then. I just want to get with her before somebody else does.
      Ask her out. The fact that she is coming to meet you. Is a pretty positive sign.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

OK so I think I kind of gave off the wrong impression, but she was coming down to around where I live anyways, for spring break. She is still going even further to see me though, so I'm not sure if she would come see me if I lived somewhere else. Either way I am still unsure of how to ask her out. I just don't know how to bring it up in a conversation that isn't in person. I tried searching for some examples but can't find any. I want to see like, actual screenshots of what people said to ask them out to get some ideas. So far the only thing I have come up with is asking "How much do you like me?" and going from there but thinking over it again, it doesn't sound like a good enough plan.

Comment

Sometimes all you need to ask is "How much do you like me?" because if you don't ask, you'll never know. Keep it simple, no need to over-complicate things. I doubt most people who're in similar situations to you, or who've experienced similar things to you, have some "grand plan" when it comes to asking the person of interest out. Take the plunge, be brave, but most importantly, be yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
            The fact that she is coming to meet you. Is a pretty positive sign.
            Why is this two sentences instead of one sentence? There is a period in the middle of what you have to say, but I don't know why it's there and it is pretty common to your writing technique.

Comment

Originally posted by TSM View Post
              OK so I think I kind of gave off the wrong impression, but she was coming down to around where I live anyways, for spring break. She is still going even further to see me though, so I'm not sure if she would come see me if I lived somewhere else. Either way I am still unsure of how to ask her out. I just don't know how to bring it up in a conversation that isn't in person. I tried searching for some examples but can't find any. I want to see like, actual screenshots of what people said to ask them out to get some ideas. So far the only thing I have come up with is asking "How much do you like me?" and going from there but thinking over it again, it doesn't sound like a good enough plan.
              I don't have a screenshot to show you, since this was said via Skype call, but i can give you an example of how my former SO asked me out. I will never forget that night. That night was the first night we ever heard each other's voices so the mood was already there. We talked all night and when we were gonna call it a night he says to me "Kristin, I really really like you and I don't wanna be just your friend. I want you to be my girlfriend." I said "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to say that?" "Ugggh really?" He says and then I laugh and say yes lol. That's how it happened to me. I hope this gives you some inspiration. Good luck OP!

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
                Why is this two sentences instead of one sentence? There is a period in the middle of what you have to say, but I don't know why it's there and it is pretty common to your writing technique.
                I think he uses an older cell hone that doesn't have a qwerty keyboard... that's how most conversations come out on flip phones etc. It's normal for punctuation to be wonky and structure all out of whack with that technology.. not justifying, because my mom was an English teacher and I cringe sometimes too. Lol

Comment

Working...
                X