BF doesn't have much money to come visit me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF doesn't have much money to come visit me

I am a Filipino and I met my Scottish boyfriend from a dating site. We have been chatting for 9 months now via Viber. He has always told me that he would love to come visit me in the Philippines. Just recently, I asked him when does he plan to come see me. He told me that he doesn't know yet and he need to save more money.

It makes me sad because I really want to see him in person and I'm sure he sincerely wants to see me, too. This LDR thing is killing me.

If you guys are in my shoes, what would you do?

Originally posted by wanderinglass View Post
    I am a Filipino and I met my Scottish boyfriend from a dating site. We have been chatting for 9 months now via Viber. He has always told me that he would love to come visit me in the Philippines. Just recently, I asked him when does he plan to come see me. He told me that he doesn't know yet and he need to save more money.

It makes me sad because I really want to see him in person and I'm sure he sincerely wants to see me, too. This LDR thing is killing me.

If you guys are in my shoes, what would you do?
    Set goals and a date. 20 a paycheck or whatever it its you need to get a flight. If you are helping him, maybe have a jointish account where you will match his or something?

Comment

Did he say how much we was planning to use on the trip, or when he has time off from work/studies to come?

I just checked the prices Aberdeen-Manila on Skyscanner for February and it is super cheap this time of year. Even if you need to fly in/out of other airports, it is very reasonable.

Is he an experienced traveller? Does he know how to look for ticket deals?

Can he stay with you, or will he need a hotel? I will recomend you looking at hotel prices (I always make my SO look for hotels, as he can get good deals for us in the cheaper hotel apartments section. I never travel fancy when I see him, as we prefer to keep the money for more visits).

He needs a valid passport with some blank pages left in it, and to determine how long he wants to stay. If his stay is 29 days or less, he does not need a visa.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

I would not suggest open a joint account with someone I've been talking to on the internet for 9 months. I would, however, ask questions like differentcountries presented so that the I could plan a visit. It makes a difference as to whether or not he is realistically planning for the expenses of the the visit versus grabbing a number from the air.

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
          Welcome to LFAD!

I would not suggest open a joint account with someone I've been talking to on the internet for 9 months. I would, however, ask questions like differentcountries presented so that the I could plan a visit. It makes a difference as to whether or not he is realistically planning for the expenses of the the visit versus grabbing a number from the air.
          I didn't suggest a joint account, rather a common place where they can share goals.. I even kept my own account when I was married. :P

Comment

Working...
          X