Our first I Love you's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our first I Love you's

I dont remember the exact day me and Denise told each other we really loved each other more then just friends(i think it was a little before thanksgiving), but i do know that next month is October and it was right around that time i told her i loved her, i remember our exact words as well, she was going to bed and my heart was beating out of my chest because i was so terrified to tell her how much i loved her but i knew it was the right moment, although i was scared to death because she was the only friend at the time that i was really close to and i didnt wanna ruin that by telling her and having her reject me but i knew i had to take the chance so this was our little conversation lol after she was done fighting sleep which she always does:

Me: Well i'll talk to you tomarrow then......have a good night.....i love you....and im serious, not in just a friend way either....i really really love you alot!

Denise: I love you too honey, more so then you even know!

It all started from there, heh phew....lol trying not to cry remembering that but who am i kidding i cry at disney movies, but we've come so far in the last year it really amazes me, me and her are not the same person as we were when we first started talking to each other, were very much different and we've been through so many obstacles and hardships already in just that one year, and we've pulled through them with flying colors and i know whatever other obstacle stands our way we'll get through it like we've always have, and i cannot wait to finally have her living with me under one roof, we have to work a little harder at it but we can do it and i wont rest until that happens for us

Ours was in March, not quite a month after we began dating. I can't remember the exact conversation, we were discussing something seriously and it delved into a conversation about 'us'. From the beginning he'd told me I was someone who could make him face his fear of the 'l' word and poor thing he couldn't even type it. He kept flubbing and saying strange things and I gathered what he was trying to say and just replied, "I know." He relaxed then and asked me to never leave him. After that it was easier to type out the words, then actually say them. We're still a bit awkward on the phone (OK, I am, I get nervous every time and I end up sounding sarcastic) but I think that just makes it all the more sincere when you feel so much saying it even after so long that you can still fumble.

Comment

Ours was we were laying in bed the one night just talking and I said something to him (not really sure what I said) and he responded with "yeah, but I love you anyway" and I stopped and looked at him and was like "what did you just say?" and he was like "You heard me," and I was like "no, what did you just say?" and he was like "I love you." and I just looked at him and said "I've been waiting to hear you say that since 2 months ago, I was too scared to tell you that I loved you first" and he was like "I wish you would have, I've been thinking it for a long time, I just wasn't sure if it was too soon to tell you." And I looked at him, kissed him, and said "I love you too."

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Brian actually told me he loved me BEFORE he asked me to be his girlfriend (we're backwards like that) but I didn't say it back to him until about two weeks later. we moved kinda.... fastish, I guess.

Comment

We were talking, and that night I was going to tell my dad that I had a relationship with a boy in another continent, lol, anyway, we we skipping and short before going away he said I love you, and then I said I love you too. It was in the 2009 summer.

Comment

Originally posted by DropkickDisco View Post
            Brian actually told me he loved me BEFORE he asked me to be his girlfriend (we're backwards like that) but I didn't say it back to him until about two weeks later. we moved kinda.... fastish, I guess.

Haha, this happened with me and my SO too! Well he wanted to be boyfriend and girlfriend, but I didn't want to be yet. So a few months later he told me he loved me and stuff and I said I loved him back and we became official

Comment

I don't think either of us will forget our first I love you's. He told me he wanted to tell me something, and he was so nervous. His breathing changed. I really thought he was going to hyperventilate. And, he was hiding under his blanket because he was so nervous! It painted kind of a cute picture in my head. But, he made me nervous. I thought he was going to tell me something bad because he wasn't coming out with it! It was a pretty tense moment, really. So, he finally builds up the courage after several very long minutes, and says "I love you". And, my response? I busted out laughing and continued to laugh for the next 30 minutes or so. I couldn't breath because I was laughing so hard. I could hear his jaw drop when I started laughing. He really wasn't sure what to think, but eventually he just laughed at me. Every time I thought I had regained control, and either one of us attempted to speak, I'd lose it all over again. It took a while, but I managed to get out an "I love you" of my own. I guess I'm lucky he knew I wasn't laughing at him. He hasn't let me forget it since... He still occasionally (playfully!) reminds me of that night. And he thinks I don't let things go... Jeesh!

Comment

My bf and i sound our i love you very much quickly after we started talking (2 weeks and 2 days later)
                I remember when we were the phone after he got off work, it become our routine then he said he has something to tell me. That freaked me out and made me extremely nervous, he delayed telling me what he wanted to say since he was scared how i would react and scared of what i would say. Then 10mins later he came out and said he loved me, i cried and told me i loved him too haha. Then after that he asked me to be his girlfriend
                So i thought it was pretty awesome he loved before we even started dating

Comment

I first said it to my SO. On January 25. We've been bestfriends for more than a year and i slowly started falling in love with her. On that day i just couldnt hold it in. I cant explain it but it felt like i would explode if i didnt say it. Haha, you can probably tell from reading the chat log that day. It was pretty much me dancing around the whole issue and eventually...

Lily: Kyle, what's wrong? Do you have something on your mind?
                  Kyle: Not something... someone...
                  Kyle: You.
                  Lily: Oh.
                  Kyle: Lily, i'm in love with you.

Haha! That was my first "I love you"! She was shocked! She knew this long distance wouldn't be easy and she thought about it hard. She was always the person to avoid relationships when there is a chance of break up. She always tells me she will only say those words to the man she truly loves. 2 months later on March 9 we came to a cross-roads. My profession of choice (Chef, for those who don't read my blog) would cut us off from talking since the classes where during the morning only (We can only talk during my mornings). So that day was almost like saying good-bye to her.

Lily: Kyle... losing you is something i will regret for the rest of my life.
                  Kyle: Yeah, me too. You're the best friend i've ever had and the love of my life. I don't wanna lose you either.
                  Lily: I might as well say this now but... i love you too, i've always had...

We became official on that day. Hahaha, i was so happy that day! I was jumping up and down in happiness! Then eventually we found a way around that schedule problem and we've been happy since! Well... we've had a few bumps on the road, but our carriage of love is made of titanium reinforced with diamond!! Haha, if that's even possible!

Comment

Our first I love you was after we had decided to wait with telling each other that because we were in the beginning of our relatinoship and didn't want to rush it or anything.
                    But she had to go and be all annoying and cute and for some reason i ended up saying i love you and then proceeded 5 minutes of silence before she responded to me. Longest 5 minutes of my life.

Comment

I feel terrible because I can't remember the exact moment that we officially said I love you! Though in my defense, the first time we said we loved each other was 8 years ago, and we never stopped saying it, even when the meaning changed from "I'm in love with you" to "I truly love you" to "I love you, but I can't be with you right now" to "I love you as a friend" to "I love you as family" back to "I'm in love with you AND I truly love you"- there is a difference between the two!

Ok, so back to the original purpose of the thread I already told a version of this story in the "when did you know you were in love" thread, so I'm using the spoiler option in case you still remember it:
                      Spoiler:
                      He said "I love you" first, but he was very drunk at the time. I didn't know what to think, because it sort of came out of nowhere. He was sitting quietly in the passenger seat of the car as I was driving, and then he suddenly said "I love you" in such a genuine tone that I didn't really know what to think. So I sort of teased him- "You're just saying that because you're drunk!" And he said "No, I'm not!" But then when I talked to him the next day, he just changed the subject quickly and sort of laughed it off... By this time, I knew that I was in love with him, so by the end of the trip, I told him as much- "I'm in love with you, and I really see this love turning into something..." He reciprocated the feeling! It took probably another year for us to have the "truly love you" discussion...

I really need to sit down and write out our story... I just haven't quite figured out how to do the story justice without revealing more than my SO would feel comfortable with...

Comment

Caitlin...beautiful. And I love that you get teary eyed...cuz so do I.

He told me on Christmas Night...and I told him...it slipped out a few days later...I ended a convo with "I love you too.."...and I was like "whoa! Luce you aren't falling in love NO!!!!~I denied it.." but it slipped out.

Glad I let that wall down.
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Rach321 View Post
                          I feel terrible because I can't remember the exact moment that we officially said I love you! Though in my defense, the first time we said we loved each other was 8 years ago, and we never stopped saying it, even when the meaning changed from "I'm in love with you" to "I truly love you" to "I love you, but I can't be with you right now" to "I love you as a friend" to "I love you as family" back to "I'm in love with you AND I truly love you"- there is a difference between the two!

Ok, so back to the original purpose of the thread I already told a version of this story in the "when did you know you were in love" thread, so I'm using the spoiler option in case you still remember it:
                          Spoiler:
                          He said "I love you" first, but he was very drunk at the time. I didn't know what to think, because it sort of came out of nowhere. He was sitting quietly in the passenger seat of the car as I was driving, and then he suddenly said "I love you" in such a genuine tone that I didn't really know what to think. So I sort of teased him- "You're just saying that because you're drunk!" And he said "No, I'm not!" But then when I talked to him the next day, he just changed the subject quickly and sort of laughed it off... By this time, I knew that I was in love with him, so by the end of the trip, I told him as much- "I'm in love with you, and I really see this love turning into something..." He reciprocated the feeling! It took probably another year for us to have the "truly love you" discussion...

I really need to sit down and write out our story... I just haven't quite figured out how to do the story justice without revealing more than my SO would feel comfortable with...

I didn't know this forum had the spoiler function!! How good's that!

Erm, well Tanja told me she was falling in love with me just 37 days after we first me

Is that a record on here?

I told her a couple of weeks later, on New Year's day
                          In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                          Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                          Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                          My dog Sam ♥

Comment

It took some time for me and my SO to finally admit to those kind of feelings. Especially since he is Japanese, things like that take time and I gave him that, also because I'm not good with feelings. He finally said "I like you" (Suki dayo - this is sometimes translated as: I love you - but it's not) after we've known each other for 2 months. Around that time he also admitted to me that he never has told a girlfriend that he loved them (because he didn't feel he really did), which I think later on got me to worry a bit, if he didn't love them... would he love me?

Then we were in Rome 2 months later and while we were walking and I was saying something to him he suddenly said: I love you. (in English - which is weird because we never speak English together, only Japanese).
                            Me: "Don't say such things, when you don't mean them..."
                            SO: "I do."
                            Me: "Okay... but as the same meaning as "suki dayo" (like you) for you, right?"
                            SO: "Yes, probably..."
                            Me: "Then stick with Japanese!"

Then we came back to Denmark, I was looking for something in my room and he was sitting at my bed. And he suddenly said, I love you again.
                            Me: "Seriously, stop saying things you don't mean!"
                            SO: "But, I do mean it..."
                            Me: "But, it's the same as "suki dayo", right?"
                            SO: "I'm not sure... English is not my language."
                            Me: "That's why you should stick with Japanese, idiot"

We laid on the bed talking a bit.
                            SO: "Isa, Aishiteru yo." (Isa, I love you - the real Japanese: "I love you")
                            SO: "What about you?"
                            Me: "I don't know..." (told you I was horrible with emotions.)
                            SO: "Okay..."
                            I spent 10 minutes thinking.
                            Me: "Hiro, I think I love you, too."
                            Then he gave me a big smile and held me close.

Comment

I'm usually a complete putz with my emotions but it is soooo easy with Ryan. I knew almost immediately the first time we met. Literally about 45 minutes after he picked me up from the airport I had to start swallowing those words and just continued to tell him that I liked him A LOT all day long. That night (we had to be up at 4:30 am to get me back to the airport) we just kind of fell in and out of sleep all night and I remember waking up to him telling me that it was going to be impossible for him not to fall in love with me. I wrapped his arms around me tighter and said "Ryan, I love you" and then he said it back. We don't say it every time we talk which I love even more because when he says it it takes my breath away.

"Have I told you yet today that I love you?"

Comment

Working...
                              X