Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Not really sure how to go about this but since he has started his new job he is on a probation period for 6 months so the plans we made are not going to have to be cancelled. He's going to miss my birthday even the big trip we had planned this coming June. I would go visit him but since I am in college right now I can't really miss exams. So, I need advice
    P.s (He doesn't have Wifi) (He also isn't able to text during work)

Hi,
    it hurts when things dont go as planned. Sadly in LDRs you dont always get what you thought, but you can learn to be flexible and enjoy it when you do have time together.

If he is on probation I assume he recently started a new job? At least he is making money, and should be able to afford wifi so that you can be in touch when you are not able to see each other.

Perhaps you can go on holiday together later?

At least you will have some holiday time coming up for summer, and if he doesnt have time off to visit you, you can go to him and you can do things together locally.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

You're basically both in the same shoes. You can't visit him because you can't miss exams and he can't visit you because he can't miss work, so it's not either of yours fault. Set backs like that suck, a lot, but instead of dwelling on what you have lost, you gotta focus on how to make things better!

If he can't text during work, does he have breaks? Maybe you can coordinate that you guys get to talk during his breaks!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
        You're basically both in the same shoes. You can't visit him because you can't miss exams and he can't visit you because he can't miss work, so it's not either of yours fault. Set backs like that suck, a lot, but instead of dwelling on what you have lost, you gotta focus on how to make things better!

If he can't text during work, does he have breaks? Maybe you can coordinate that you guys get to talk during his breaks!
        THIS.
        Make plans for date "nights", Can he use data on his phone to skype? A lot of places have free hotspots.. Go share coffee or breakfast!

Comment

This is life I'm afraid, things come up and change plans, people are busy working and studying. However, none of these mean that you can't have a happy and successful relationship if you both want it. My SO doesn't have Wifi but he can still use his data plan to stay in touch daily. Some days our work schedules mean we can't speak but it is always possible to text/email/IM as they don't need an instant response.

Comment

Working...
          X