No announcement yet.

LDR evolution over time versus a traditional relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think from the years I've been around on here the majority of people in LDRs either fall into them or they develop due to a change in circumstances. I don't know how many people go out and deliberately seek a LDR.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
      I think from the years I've been around on here the majority of people in LDRs either fall into them or they develop due to a change in circumstances. I don't know how many people go out and deliberately seek a LDR.

I agree!
      I don't think many due consciously.. But, if you meet someone online or on a dating site that is in another country, you would make the decision to move on with that relationship knowing there was a distance. I don't think many people wake up after texting/chatting with someone on a game and say I love you and want to spend my life with you realistically. There has to be some knowledge at that point as to what is involved. You continue to grow or you stay friends etc.

Comment

I know for sure I didn't seek my LDRs deliberately, it just happened. I had had CD partners before and to me, the person and how I connect to them is the most important factor. I'm just unlucky that this is the furthest I've even been from my SO. I still stand by what I said with the idea that LDR do develop more intimately on an emotional level quicker with all the communication you have to do, but like others have said, it's a different kind of development than CD. =^^=

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
        Got separated: August 2016
        Reunion: July 2017
        Officially together: January 2018
        ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

Personally, I haven't really noticed any difference caused by the relationship type. Obviously, it has matured and progressed differently than my previous relationship, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that my SO is just different than my ex. He is actually committed to make things work and he wants a future together. It's easier to have a relationship and develop things with that kind of person than someone who could leave at any second when things aren't perfect.

Comment

I'd stopped looking when my SO came along. I'd spent a long time looking for affection from the wrong people, glad I saw reality sooner rather than later. So yeah... I agree!

Comment

I wasn't trying to say that people deliberately look for an ldr. What I meant is that they are more likely to pursue it and remain dedicated to it even with the distance than those who strictly pursue cdrs and can't imagine how an ldr would work.
              sigpic

Comment

I was going to share this great article but Amazon isn't cooperating even though I own the danged book!! argh!
                Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
                ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
                closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Working...
                X