Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I'm going to see my SO and I'm thinking about..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I'm going to see my SO and I'm thinking about..

My so and I have been talking about sea world, FOREVER.
    She's never been and has been dying to go, so I was thinking about taking her when I go to see her in October, I bought this up to her and she flipped out saying how was she going to explain that, etc? but I was like baby, you're gonna have to get out of the house anyways to see me. But I think she wants to go she's just making up excuses cause she doesn't want me to spend the money (70 a ticket!!) on top of food, gas, hotel. But I'm thinking since my hotel is near sea world anyways, I should have my roommate pick her up and just conviently drop us off at sea world and suprirse her and bring her an extra pair of clothes to wear for the day and obviously keep it off facebook so her family won't ever know.

Secondly, I've already given her a beautiful promise ring, but I want to propose to her at sea world but want to get her really nice earrings insteadd (hard to explain engagment ring) and thought about doing it in the shark tunnel (sharks are her favorite)

what do you guys think?!
    Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
    Starting Dating: 5.22.09
    Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
    Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
    Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Or, I was thinking about holding off until I can afford a real nice engagment ring and later in our relationship and ask her in front of Cinderellas Castle.

Comment

As far as engagement ring goes....follow your heart.

You are very romantic...love it!
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Her family doesn't know of/approve your relationship? Sounds like it to me, maybe it would be best to wait until they know about you 2 before you go ahead and propose... I don't mean to sound mean or anything but I wouldn't even dream of getting engaged if my family didn't know about my bf/wouldn't accept the relationhsip first. It might cause a lot of arguments, heart breake and mistrust in the long run if you sneak behind her family's back.. it's certainly not going to help them accept your relationship.

I could be wrong about this though so if I am, I'm sorry and just ignore what I said lol.

Sea world sounds like a very romantic place.

Comment

awwwwwww!!!! i like that idea, thats very romantic! i say go for it

Comment

I think it sounds wonderful, very special for you two. As for the family thing, I don't put much stock in what anyone besides the couple thinks. It's your lives. If you have to be quiet about things for the time, so be it. Doesn't mean that you two can't have your moment, and make your promises. You are both of legal age right? Follow your heart.

Comment

I think it sounds wonderfully romantic. My question is: why is it a secret from her family?

Comment

I have to agree. The shark tunnel at Sea World is a great place to propose! [I live about an hour away from it actually.]
                I love the romance of the ideas. Go for it =]

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                  Her family doesn't know of/approve your relationship? Sounds like it to me, maybe it would be best to wait until they know about you 2 before you go ahead and propose... I don't mean to sound mean or anything but I wouldn't even dream of getting engaged if my family didn't know about my bf/wouldn't accept the relationhsip first. It might cause a lot of arguments, heart breake and mistrust in the long run if you sneak behind her family's back.. it's certainly not going to help them accept your relationship.

I could be wrong about this though so if I am, I'm sorry and just ignore what I said lol.

Sea world sounds like a very romantic place.

I completely agree with Tanja. I think that you should hold off until her family knows and approves of it.

Comment

To me, a big part of engagement and marriage is telling family, friends, community and the Gods that this is the person you will spend the rest of your life with. That's not something anyone should have to hide, it's supposed to be a cause for celebration. That and, I don't know about what other people think, but rings are symbolic more than anything else. Again a way to tell people "I'm in love, promised and proud" and a way to tell her "This is forever". You can google symbolism if you have no clue what I'm rambling about lol. Earings are great gifts, but really it's not the same, and later down the track she might feel a bit jipped

Your place ideas are really sweet though!
                    Carrots! xx
                    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

you are so romantic! i wonder if my SO has thought of where he would like propose

Comment

Her family and I know each o ther, very well, We were dating a year and then her family couldn't handle us being together anymore cause we're a same sex couple. They were kinda hoping we wouldn't work out and they tried setting her up with guys and what not, so she (I had no say in this) told them I moved away and that we broke up, where in reality we're still together. Her parents are really religious so it would break their heart to find out she's still with me, they used to call me phone saying I comdemmed their daughter, screaming at me and what not. Rough stuff.

Comment

btw, I told her yesterday I was going to take her to sea world and she flipped out, she was so happy!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                            X