I am afraid to mention this for fear of jinxing anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am afraid to mention this for fear of jinxing anything

So, my LDR started almost five years ago. My (now) husband has been trying to transfer with his company since he started three years ago. He's a district manager in NY and does an amazing job. Everything he's applied into in Ga with his company hasn't happened (usually they have someone in line for the position but are required to post it). His boss, Ian, a VP, doesn't understand why they aren't snapping him up In Ga, and keeps telling my husband that he is next in line for Ian's VP JOB, which is in the NORTHEAST! Although I Would love for him to take the job should it come available, I will either have to move back there (NO!) or we will stay long distance.

A few weeks ago a DM position came available in Panama City Beach Florida. My husband did a phone interview with the VP of that area (Steve) and they discussed us relocating. My husband asked Steve to give him until the next Monday to discuss it with me. On Monday my husbands boss, Ian, told my husband that Steve was going to send him an offer letter. We waited five days, never heard from Steve, and on the 6th day found out that Steve "stepped down" and took the DM position my husband had interviewed for (obviously was forced to step down). It turns out, the guy who has the VP position TEN MILES FROM MY HOUSE took the vacated VP position in Florida, leaving a VP position open on Ga. My husband applied into it yesterday, and got an email today for a phone interview this coming Monday. Ian says my husband can do this with his eyes closed, and spent a good portion of today coaching him through the interview questions (it's HUGE that they would even consider him for a VP position since he's only been there less than three years and didn't come from that industry). Ian told my husband that when he confirms the interview he should suggest he fly in that morning (NC) and interview in person. Ian is even going to spend a few hours on the phone with my husband Sunday going over the P&L's in case they throw anything at him that he doesn't have an answer for.

So.....maybe it was fate that he wasn't actually offered the job in Florida?

I am asking for you to say a quick prayer that Fred gets the VP POSITION IN Georgia. We would finally be able to close the distance SEVEN DAYS A WEEK, and I can tell the bitch I work for to go pound sand and get a job doing something for GOOD people!

Thanks for reading.... 😀
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Best of luck, I hope you get good news!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

How exciting! Fingers crossed and good vibes heading out your way!
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

You know, TaraMarie, I was actually thinking about this the other day and was hoping you guys were able to close the distance for good soon! This is it! Good luck!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

Comment

Here's to hoping you can close the distance!

Comment

Hope it all works out!!

Comment

I hope it all works out.

Comment

AMAZING!!!! that is fate working her charms! sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!!
                  Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
                  ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
                  closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Thanks everyone. I spoke to my husband tonight and it turns out the interview is in Ga, and he is set up to meet the five head honchos (decision makers), two of which he knows and one who he has already interviewed for a different position. They also already set up a phone interview 45 minutes after his first interview with the president of the division. The president of my husBands division is tight with this guy and has already said he would call him right after the phone interview to tell him only good things. Fred's boss, Ian, told him today that in a company of 18,000 employees, he is being interviewed for one of the top 250 leadership positions after less than three years in the industry. Ian said it was a great sign that they are even considering him for this.....and actually, when he interview previously for a different job with one of the "fab 5" last year the feedback Ian got was "there are bigger and go better things ahead for fred". Maybe that's why he didn't get the job he applied into last year. Hopefully, this is it!
                    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X