Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change in behaviour...is it normal?

Hello,
    I've just started a LDR since december 2016 (after a short trip together, but we ve been texting each other for a year)...so basically we are 2months into this official relationship (the guy lives in London...9000km away from me). The first month was amazing, full of texting and chats on the phone, lots of declaration of feelings etc. It was trully perfect...i never was so happy before. We are supposed to see each other in May and meet each others familly, which is in two months so Im quite excited about it, but my boyfriend seems to have lost all his enthousiasm about it in the last three weeks. It started when he started an intensive job training (that will last another 4 weeks) and i understand that he is very busy so we dont chat that much, but he is also different in his texting... no more cute names or expressions of love. When i asked him if he still wants me to come in May he says yes but no more than that... not excitment or anything.
    I dont know what to make of it... is he seeing someone else? Is he not loving me anymore or he is just extremelly busy?

Please share your thoughts or experiences... i want to know if this is normal or if this is a sort of red flag...
    Thanks
    Jou

Could just be because of his extensive work load. Either way, just express what you're concerned about, communicate with him, ask him outright.

Comment

None of us on here are mind-readers so we have no idea what he is thinking. The only way to find out is to communicate with him about it.

Comment

It's hard to say. It could be because he's stressed due to his job training. When my boyfriend is working and busy, I hardly hear of him and when he is stressed, it's even worse.
        I think you should tell him your concerns. There's nothing wrong in it.
        He wouldn't have told you to come if he didn't want to see you. Just keep that in mind.
        - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
        First meeting: December 2016
        Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
        Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
        Engaged: December 2017
        Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
        Fifth visit: December 2019
        Wedding: September 2019

Comment

And when you ask him, be sure to keep the question neutral. DON'T sound accusive. Keep it with yourself. Don't say: "You this and you that", but "I have a feeling" or "I am afraid" or something like that.
          Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

No one can tell you exactly why your boyfriend is acting the way he is. The only person who can is himself and you should try and talk to him about your concerns because communication is very important to keep the relationship going. Be honest, and if you're afraid, tell him that too.

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
            Got separated: August 2016
            Reunion: July 2017
            Officially together: January 2018
            ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

It is rather usual. Our first 2 months were intense and then normal life came lol

Your SO is probably tired from his new job.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                It is rather usual. Our first 2 months were intense and then normal life came lol

Your SO is probably tired from his new job.
                Of course I can only speak of my own experiences, but the frequency and intensity of the chats between my SO and me are after 6 months still the same (if not increased). But then, I am not your SO (@OP) so I don't know if I am 'normal'.
                Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
                X