Date night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date night

So what do you all do when you are apart to stay close that is interesting and fun. I go shopping or take her shopping no not on line but with that person. Yes I go into Costco and she tells me what she is buying etc. We watch a special show. The texting is good but so much more information is exchanged by voice. Some nights we are on phone for 4 or 5 hours. She is more patient while I am more Romantic. I never forget dates and always do something special on them. I would like ideas on what others do

Well...

When my SO sleeps (we have a time difference of 6 or7 hours) I always make sure she wakes up with a couple of nice pics and quotes and a poem on Skype (we chat via Skype).
    We talk a lot about our future together, we plan a lot. When we have a special day, I make sure she's having some nice new and special quotes and poems. I sing songs for her, too, sometimes.
    And every 6 to 8 weeks I send a carebox.
    We cam about 2 or 3 times a week.

We also start acting like a family. Last week we found out that her daughter truanted from school a couple of times. She asked me to bespeak her daughter. Somehow that seemed to help.

The most special thing I do, is talking about possible little gifts in the careboxes. Then she makes me guess what she likes or I make her guess what I bought her. We play little games, talk some adult stuff...

I don't know if this is helpful, btw...
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

He "takes" me to the beach.. I have him sit with me outside by my firepit. We cook dinner together on skype. same meal, and eat together.

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
        He "takes" me to the beach.. I have him sit with me outside by my firepit. We cook dinner together on skype. same meal, and eat together.
        That is nice. Sadly, because of the distance, 7 timezones, we can't do that. But on important day's we cook the same meal.
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

we watch movies,in about 3 weeks we will be going to Bush Gardens together,it's my boyfriend's vacation and he wants to take me there for his vacation,I can't wait,this will be our first vacation together that he has ever decided to spend his vacation with me.

Comment

Originally posted by lovestoread View Post
            we watch movies,in about 3 weeks we will be going to Bush Gardens together,it's my boyfriend's vacation and he wants to take me there for his vacation,I can't wait,this will be our first vacation together that he has ever decided to spend his vacation with me.
            You have never had vacation with him???

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
              That is nice. Sadly, because of the distance, 7 timezones, we can't do that. But on important day's we cook the same meal.
              We had 6 hours time difference and we had dates like that. He would "take me" to his DnD games and I would "take him" on a bike ride with me. When we had meals together, it was dinner for me and lunch for him :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Good ideas my next venture with her is actual vacation here and will treat her like nothing less than a princess when she gets here. She has never been in this part of the country

Comment

Originally posted by Hersheybar View Post
                  Good ideas my next venture with her is actual vacation here and will treat her like nothing less than a princess when she gets here. She has never been in this part of the country
                  Also we had drinks and salsa that we made together. It was fun.. and the margarita did wonders

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                    We had 6 hours time difference and we had dates like that. He would "take me" to his DnD games and I would "take him" on a bike ride with me. When we had meals together, it was dinner for me and lunch for him :P
                    Oh man I wish i could do stuff like this. We tried to skype while she was on lunch break at work on my birthday last year and the video just didn't work at all and the audio also sucked so much that we were like nope never mind lets not do that again. Basically both our data on our phones suck too much for anything cool like that, and as for dinner, i would have to have dinner at 2am for that to work haha
                    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I just spontaneously called her office no not a date but something different I also sent her a video for her grandkids that she was looking for added another DVD she wanted to watch but what was the deal sealer was all over the envelope I put hearts and other things saying I love her letting the world know I got a 4 hour call at work immediately after. DVD was wizard of oz 4 bucks the other DVD fences 2 bucks at yard sale. Shipping 7 oh and phone call I received priceless

Comment

Working...
                      X