Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He is coming out for a 2nd date, nervous and excited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is coming out for a 2nd date, nervous and excited?

I did not have my hopes up about having a 2nd date w/the new guy, but he initiated another date. We were going to meet last weekend, but since I work, that wasn't possible. I managed to switch a day w/a co worker and now this guy is driving all the way to see me ( I never suggested he drive all the way out). This makes me so excited, nervous as well and kind of guilty for him to drive so many hours to see me. I guess I'm just afraid of being a burden. How do I not feel weird about it? I'm not used to being pursued, my 1st bf did, but the guys after that didn't.

I know how you feel because I was chased a lot by guys but I would usually feel like I would be burdening or wasting their time, especially if I didn't return their feelings.
    One guy once told something that relieved me from that anxiety and I hope it helps - If he didn't want to do it, he wouldn't be doing it, so the fact that he is, means that it's something important to him. To your guy it's not a burden to drive many hours and I'm sure he is more than happy to do it for you, the same way I were when I would get on long trains rides for a former partner. You can always do something to return the favor like get him something when you two meet but the best way to get your mind of that weird feeling is to know that you're worth the miles he's travelling to see you.

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
    Got separated: August 2016
    Reunion: July 2017
    Officially together: January 2018
    ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

Originally posted by Karura View Post
      I know how you feel because I was chased a lot by guys but I would usually feel like I would be burdening or wasting their time, especially if I didn't return their feelings.
      One guy once told something that relieved me from that anxiety and I hope it helps - If he didn't want to do it, he wouldn't be doing it, so the fact that he is, means that it's something important to him. To your guy it's not a burden to drive many hours and I'm sure he is more than happy to do it for you, the same way I were when I would get on long trains rides for a former partner. You can always do something to return the favor like get him something when you two meet but the best way to get your mind of that weird feeling is to know that you're worth the miles he's travelling to see you.
      True that they wont do it unless they want to, but my ex only did things because he thought he had to do it. He treated me like a chore of which he got tired of and bailed. Guess i need to feel more secure in myself and not see myself as a burden.

Comment

Working...
      X