Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get my boyfriend to stop worrying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I get my boyfriend to stop worrying?

How can I get my boyfriend to stop worrying about me paying for my ticket at Bush Gardens?He paid for the hotel room and he even keeps telling me that he paid for it,yes I know he paid for the hotel room,and yes I am going to be paying for my ticket,I just don't want him to be worried about it.

"Hey, don't worry about me paying for my ticket at Bush Gardens, I got this."

Or am I missing something?
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

in a stern voice "I got the ticket. Don't worry about it, I will let you know if it is not ok".

Have you had money problems and that's why he is worried?

Comment

Originally posted by Rezie View Post
        in a stern voice "I got the ticket. Don't worry about it, I will let you know if it is not ok".

Have you had money problems and that's why he is worried?
        no,he's just letting me know that he paid for the hotel room which I am well aware

Comment

Ok...I am missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
            Ok...I am missing something?
            my boyfriend keeps texting me and asking me if I'm going to be paying for my own ticket since he paid for the hotel room for when we go to Bush Gardens,which he has made it perfectly clear to me that he has paid for the hotel room,so yes I am going to be paying for my ticket,but he keeps worrying about it and stressing over it,I know the tickets don't come cheap and I know he has to pay for his ticket.

Comment

OP, I know this is going to sound stupid. But just like the phrase, 'actions speak louder than words'. Just pay for the ticket.

First Visit: September 2016
              Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
              Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
              For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              John 4:12
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by lovestoread View Post
                my boyfriend keeps texting me and asking me if I'm going to be paying for my own ticket since he paid for the hotel room for when we go to Bush Gardens,which he has made it perfectly clear to me that he has paid for the hotel room,so yes I am going to be paying for my ticket,but he keeps worrying about it and stressing over it,I know the tickets don't come cheap and I know he has to pay for his ticket.
                So he is worried that he has to pay for your ticket. Not worried in a way that he is offering to pay for it?

I would propably offer to pay half of the hotel or his ticked (or half) depending on the prices which would make more sense. If he is bring up constantly that he is paying for something then that usually is a message that he is not satisfied with the division.
                Last edited by Rezie; March 10, 2017, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezie View Post
                  So he is worried that he has to pay for your ticket. Not worried in a way that he is offering to pay for it?

I would propably offer to pay half of telling hotel or his ticked (or half) depending on the prices which would make more sense. If he is bring up constantly that he is paying for something then that usually is a message that he is not satisfied with the division.
                  Yep...maybe offer to pay for lunch or dinner as well as your ticket. Hotels are not insane there this time of the year. I think tickets could cost more than a night. .

Comment

You can buy your tickets online. Why don't you just go online and buy your ticket now and you can show him you've already bought it. If you do that, there won't be any more questions about it.
                    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I am a bit confused about the whole thing tbh... I think maybe you need to communicate the confusion with him.
                      He bought the hotel room.so :
                      He either wants you to pay half
                      He has memory issues
                      He wants you to pay his park ticket

There have been past issues with paying for stuff? Were cost decided before the trip?

Like R&R said.. just buy your ticket
                      Last edited by sasad; March 10, 2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

HE wanted to take YOU to Busch Gardens, correct? This was his idea, if I recall. So, he pays 1 night hotel rate, maybe his ticket, and expects you to pay your own ticket, which for Tampa Bay (the one I assume you'll go to) is about $89, it looks like. While not totally unreasonable, he keeps bugging you to make sure you know you need to pay for your ticket. You tell him you know and will, yet he persists. Why??

To be perfectly honest, his behavior would be such a turn off to me that I'd cancel the trip, but since you won't do that, just buy your own ticket, let him buy his and then reimburse him for half of the hotel. If he really can't afford to go to the point that he's that worried and stressed about you buying your ticket, maybe now isn't the right time to do this. He invited you, remember? He shouldn't be making you feel bad, or stressed yourself over it. Buy the ticket, email him the receipt, and make sure you bring enough money to cover ALL of your expenses at the park and hotel, plus gas money, if you're driving. Sorry, don't mean to sound harsh, but something about this is just rubbing me the wrong way. He offered to take you, he shouldn't be so cheap and then making you feel bad over his "stress" about the financial part of it.
                        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

His actions seem to speak of some insecurity on his part. Maybe warranted maybe not.

The action of you buying your ticket shows commitment on your part, and depending on your communication up to this point he may be worried you could flake on the trip.

It might not be warranted but there is a little grain of sand in the back of his mind that is niggling him. "Why hasn't she bought her ticket yet?" "what if she doesn't?" "OMG if she doesn't and we don't go what does that mean?" it snowballs, and even the toughest guy is not immune to having his mind runaway with worse case scenarios.

Maybe he thinks you are going to put it off, and prices are going to rise and you will say you can't afford it and he is going to have to buy it.

Either way the solution is to buy the ticket. Prices won't go down between now and then...

Comment

Originally posted by 2Rocky View Post
                            His actions seem to speak of some insecurity on his part. Maybe warranted maybe not.

The action of you buying your ticket shows commitment on your part, and depending on your communication up to this point he may be worried you could flake on the trip.

It might not be warranted but there is a little grain of sand in the back of his mind that is niggling him. "Why hasn't she bought her ticket yet?" "what if she doesn't?" "OMG if she doesn't and we don't go what does that mean?" it snowballs, and even the toughest guy is not immune to having his mind runaway with worse case scenarios.

Maybe he thinks you are going to put it off, and prices are going to rise and you will say you can't afford it and he is going to have to buy it.

Either way the solution is to buy the ticket. Prices won't go down between now and then...
                            That's a good point actually, I didn't see that perspective, but maybe he has reasons for thinking someone won't do what they said they'll do. He probably shouldn't keep bugging her about it once she said she understood, but there might be more behind it than initially seemed.
                            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                              HE wanted to take YOU to Busch Gardens, correct? This was his idea, if I recall. So, he pays 1 night hotel rate, maybe his ticket, and expects you to pay your own ticket, which for Tampa Bay (the one I assume you'll go to) is about $89, it looks like. While not totally unreasonable, he keeps bugging you to make sure you know you need to pay for your ticket. You tell him you know and will, yet he persists. Why??

To be perfectly honest, his behavior would be such a turn off to me that I'd cancel the trip, but since you won't do that, just buy your own ticket, let him buy his and then reimburse him for half of the hotel. If he really can't afford to go to the point that he's that worried and stressed about you buying your ticket, maybe now isn't the right time to do this. He invited you, remember? He shouldn't be making you feel bad, or stressed yourself over it. Buy the ticket, email him the receipt, and make sure you bring enough money to cover ALL of your expenses at the park and hotel, plus gas money, if you're driving. Sorry, don't mean to sound harsh, but something about this is just rubbing me the wrong way. He offered to take you, he shouldn't be so cheap and then making you feel bad over his "stress" about the financial part of it.
                              Agreed. HE invited her on HIs vacation. I would be cranky too. Its like asking me on a date, then telling me to pay.

OP- cant he take off more than a day?? So his vacation is a weekend day?? Just curious. You all are not far apart at all it seems

Comment

Working...
                              X