This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting over clingyness

There might already be a post about this, but I'm working on getting over a dilema right now.
    My girlfriend feels very strongly about us, but isn't as outspoken about her emotions as me. It sucks not hearing things back as much as I say them, even though I know she feels the exact same. Has anyone else experienced this? I've started to get past it because I didn't want to get too clingy. All summer I was just looking forward to starting school and such, while she was excited for me but dreading it. After we got here, we switched. I was too anxious to see her and not ready for it, while she was prepared and had already learned to deal with it.

I sort of in the same situation as you. I thought it wouldn't be this hard, and it's for me not to just constantly be in contact with her over text, email or whatever. And it's usually just small talk stuff. I feel bad, because I can tell that she's getting a little annoyed, I think i'll get better eventually, I hope.
    For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

Comment

Yeah, I knew it'd be hard, but I wasn't thinking about that part over the summer, just enjoying our time and looking forward to the new experience. It sucks having the time difference, not being able to talk as we both go to bed, etc. I started to drain us both, but we've fixed a few things. Distance made me bring up every little thing that bothered me and just realized You have to pick the things. If we have a good relationship, the small things will work themselves out. It's just been a hard adjustment for sure, but I think I'm about over it as I'm not waiting constantly every minute for our conversation and she's not annoyed. Just looking forward to that first letter from her. Currently putting together a Care package for her. I guess doing small things for us is making the time better and go by quicker.

Comment

Working...
      X