How do you regain trust again/ trust each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you regain trust again/ trust each other

We've been on an on and off relationship and on top of that, it's a long distance. We've both hurt each other in the past, once. But now it seems like whenever we talk or feel like we're in a good place, at least for me, the insecurity of him still seeing or talking with that girl comes into my head. And for him, he doesn't want to get too serious. I'm not sure exactly the reason, but maybe because I've left him before because I got scared (not for another guy).

How do we gain our trust back? When ever I try to talk about these issues, he completely shuts down, and stops talking to me all together.

Welp, you both hurt each other and just do not trust each other...there is bound to be. Issues until you rebuild that trust. Don't know what happened, but he is still shutting you out. If he cant get past that, then its not going to work.

Comment

This thread goes along with it. The other thread clearly shows he has moved on from wanting a romantic relationship.

https://members.lovingfromadistance....727#post435727
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Don't push it, you both clearly have issues. Ask him if you could both sit down and discuss things,..like the state of your current relationship. Then go from there...

Comment

Without more to go on.. if you want to get over the past and move forward, then you have to leave the past behind. Do you constantly bring up this other girl when you talk? does he keep bringing up the fact that you left him? You can't start a new path together if you are stuck. I know some issues have to be worked through before you can move forward... but again, with little to go on, it's difficult to tell if you're trying to beat a dead horse, or genuinely working to forgive each other and move on.
          Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
          ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
          closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Originally posted by eames111 View Post
            We've been on an on and off relationship and on top of that, it's a long distance. We've both hurt each other in the past, once. But now it seems like whenever we talk or feel like we're in a good place, at least for me, the insecurity of him still seeing or talking with that girl comes into my head. And for him, he doesn't want to get too serious. I'm not sure exactly the reason, but maybe because I've left him before because I got scared (not for another guy).

How do we gain our trust back? When ever I try to talk about these issues, he completely shuts down, and stops talking to me all together.
            Distrust has been created by both of you.

Find out why he doesn't want to get too serious.

First Visit: September 2016
            Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
            Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
            For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
            John 4:12
            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkling72 View Post
              if you want to get over the past and move forward, then you have to leave the past behind. [...] You can't start a new path together if you are stuck. I know some issues have to be worked through before you can move forward...
              So true...
              (BTDT)
              Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
              X