New to the LDR and need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the LDR and need advice

Here is the back story to help out with my current situation. First off I have known this guy almost my whole life. I started liking him in Jr. high. All through HS I had a crush on him. I was too shy to ever say or act on it. We did however kiss once back in HS. Years go by I always wondered what happened to him. He was the one I could never forget about. Jump ahead to March he friend requests me on FB. I waited a week to actually say something to him. Ever since that day we have texted, talked and video chatted ever day almost all day. He did admit as well he had a huge crush on me for a long time, and always wondered where I went. He also said he never forgot about me. I am currently separated and he is going through a divorce. We do also say good morning and good night almost every day as well. We made plans right away to meet up in May. He has suggested other things as well for us to do on a monthly basis. But the past week he has seemed distant. Am I reading too much into this? I really don't know what our "status" is. I was thinking just to wait and see what happens after I see him again? I admit I had a freak out moment the other day. I am normally not a jealous person but I had a moment. None of my close friends get this situation at all. Am I just started to get super nervous for the upcoming visit? I have never been in a situation before and its the guy I have liked for a while. Any input on how to deal or navigate would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
    Last edited by Ck1775; April 19, 2017, 01:22 PM.

Originally posted by Ck1775 View Post
    Here is the back story to help out with my current situation. First off I have known this guy almost my whole life. I started liking him in Jr. high. All through HS I had a crush on him. I was too shy to ever say or act on it. We did however kiss once back in HS. Years go by I always wondered what happened to him. He was the one I could never forget about. Jump ahead to March he friend requests me on FB. I waited a week to actually say something to him. Ever since that day we have texted, talked and video chatted ever day almost all day. He did admit as well he had a huge crush on me for a long time, and always wondered where I went. He also said he never forgot about me. I am currently separated and he is going through a divorce. We do also say good morning and good night almost every day as well. We made plans right away to meet up in May. He has suggested other things as well for us to do on a monthly basis. But the past week he has seemed distant. Am I reading too much into this? I really don't know what our "status" is. I was thinking just to wait and see what happens after I see him again? I admit I had a freak out moment the other day. I am normally not a jealous person but I had a moment. None of my close friends get this situation at all. Am I just started to get super nervous for the upcoming visit? I have never been in a situation before and its the guy I have liked for a while. Any input on how to deal or navigate would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
    Relax and one-day at a time. There is no rush to put a status on this. You guys reconneted only a month ago. Now is the time to re-build the friendship and learn about the people you are today. A lot has happened since high school and you are different people than you were then. Don't try to put more on it than there is unless it naturally progresses.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thanks! I know there is no real rush. I want to take things slow. It's just hard from hearing "babe I can't wait to see you" or "babe I miss you" to "hey.....what are you up to".

Comment

Originally posted by Ck1775 View Post
        Thanks! I know there is no real rush. I want to take things slow. It's just hard from hearing "babe I can't wait to see you" or "babe I miss you" to "hey.....what are you up to".
        What do you mean?
        Am I correct that your old friend said 'mis you' a week ago and now just asks what you're doing, right?
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
        X