This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding my way back

I'm really new to this, but let me tell you my story. Last August, i left my home country of the UK and flew to Canada, i had signed for a Junior hockey team in a small town a few hours from Toronto. I arrived at the town where i was going to be leaving for the following hockey season, i was crazy hungry from travelling all day and barely stopping to eat, so i went into the first place to eat i saw on the way in, i sat down, looking through this french menu, trying to remember the little french knowledge i had left from high school when this beautiful waitress came to serve, i saw her and immediately smiled at how beautiful she was, fast forward maybe two days, i was addicted to this girl, we were talking on the phone every waking hour of the day, we were falling in love. This went on for a while and i knew that i wanted to be with girl, i'd never felt anything like it, i'm supposed to be a tough hockey player but this girl had me beat. The more in love we fell the more emotional it got, she and i knew that i'd be scheduled to leave as soon as the play-offs were over, this made her very reluctant to make what we had official, even though we were falling in love. I eventually convinced her that what we had was too special to not try. We were together just about 4 months when i had to leave, struggling for money but with all these plans set with her for summer we decided i would travel home for a couple of months to work at my old job, to get enough money together to come back for summer with her, including her college prom which, unlike in the UK, is a very big deal. It's been just under a month that i've been home and things are starting to fall apart, we're both a mess each and every day, i miss her more than i've ever missed anything and to make matters worse, the work i was promised has dried up, i don't know if i'm going to get back to see her before she's off to University and i fear that it's already coming to an end with no sure hope that i'll be back soon. What do i say to her give my the chance of some extra time? I know she loves me but it's just destroying her us being a part. Please get in touch if you have some advise for me.

I am also trying to raise some extra money to help me get back to the love of my life in anyway i can, one of them being this tee's i have made supporting LDR's, if you would like to support me and represent LDR's through my stuff then its all available on a website called teespring, where my individual store is called Long Distance Love.
    Thank You

Pretty spammy for a first post.

You need to read the words to "Helmet Head" if you really wanna live the hockey player lifestyle.....

I was just seventeen, when I made the AHL
    I couldn't skate in junior, but my fists rang like a bell.
    I'll never win a title, and I'll never win a cup,
    But when it comes to ladies, I've had the best of luck.

My first one was a shy one, she was hanging round the rink,
    But they sent me off to Cornwall, as fast as you could blink,
    In Moose Jaw I fell right in love, the daughter of the coach -
    He traded me for nothing, didn't take to my approach.

So good-bye, fare thee well,
    There's no time for delay,
    You'll see me at the face-off, or catch the play-by-play
    I'm glad you shared my bed,
    But never trust a fellow with a helmet on his head.

Chantal was from Moncton, elle a jouer avec moi.
    A tongue as sharp as razors, but she had a fancy car.
    Her husband was a bruiser, played senior in Quebec,
    If he'd had the rights of it, it would have been my neck.

Nancy couldn't watch me fight, she'd always be in tears,
    Screaming from the bleachers, and bawling in my ears,
    Dee I should have married, and we had a dandy fling,
    But I had a one way contract, blew the money for the ring.

I should have wrote a letter, and it would have been polite,
    But I'm cleaning out my locker, 'cause time is getting tight.
    I'm calling from the airport, perhaps another day,
    Cause they're calling up a rookie, and they're trading me away!

No never trust a fellow with a helmet on his head.
    No never trust a fellow with a helmet
    On his head!

Comment

All in all, you are were we all have been when we decided to give long distance a go - it sucks. You miss them a lot and all you want to do is be with them, but what you have to do is get out there and do things. If you need money, look for a job, any job and save as much as you can. You can share expenses - my husband payed half of the flight costs when I visited for the first time!
      Just because she will be in university does not mean you won't ever see her. With planning and communication, you will find a way to stay in touch. What we liked to do was stay on a voice chat together when we sat at our computers (and since we're both rather at home than anywhere else it was almost all day) and even though we didn't talk alllll day, at least we were "together".

Selling shirts is a good start! I was actually going to start looking into that myself!

You'll figure it out! Stay positive and honestly, try to act as if you ARE together as if you ARE sharing your lives together - this way you won't be so lonely and it'll actually be fun.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
      X