How to convince my parents to see my gf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to convince my parents to see my gf

Hello, I am 15 years old and met my GF on omegle (I know not the best site) but I've known her for just about a year now and we skype regularly but she wants me to come see her, her parents are fine with it but I haven't asked mine yet and I'm scared at what they might say or if they will have to make me wait till I'm in college which I'm not sure if she can wait that long. If you have any advice or just general methods please tell me, I'm going to ask to see her this summer.

It never hurts to ask! Even if they say no at first, show them how serious you two are and how you genuinely care about her. Just be honest! Don't keep them in the dark about it, if they catch you skyping with her explain who she is and all that. Don't be discouraged if they're hesitant at first, my parents were of my relationship in the beginning. If they say no rebuttal with asking one of your parents to go with you
    California- Alabama
    Relationship began: April 4, 2017
    First visit: Alabama: April 4-8, 2017
    Second visit: Alabama: August 22-30, 2017
    Third visit: Alabama: December 9-19, 2017
    Fourth visit: California: May 25- June 4, 2018
    Fifth visit: Alabama: September 15- 26, 2018
    Sixth visit: Alabama: December 18, 2018-January 3, 2019
    Seventh visit: Alabama: April 2-10, 2019

Comment

Indeed, this is not the best website, but if you both have video calls on Skype, then I believe you trust her, which is not bad.

You could introduce her to your parents on a video call, so they would see what kind of a person she is, and there would be trust, which may make your parents think positively in you going to visit her. It's normal, at your age, that your parents may want to know who she is, if she is trustworthy and so on. So, as onlyemily said, be honest and don't keep them in the dark (otherwise they wouldn't trust you). Good luck.

Comment

Let's see... as a mom of a 15 yr old boy... my instinct is NO WAY. How far apart do the 2 of you live? If you are both within a reasonable driving distance apart, perhaps all parents could agree to drive and meet 1/2 way for an afternoon lunch or something. But aside from that - no parent who truly cares about her child's safety and well-being would agree to send a 15 yr old off to stay with strangers. Not in today's sick world.

Do you have younger siblings? just out of curiosity?
        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Working...
        X