Fear of Resentment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fear of Resentment

As we started dating, my partner and I realized that we both internalize our feelings. One of my greatest fears it that we are only staying together because we are high school sweet hearts. I am worried that a few years down the road we will look at our relationship (and one another) and resent each other for the fact that we stayed together. I don't want our relationship to end, but I really don't want it to end with us hating each other for the fact that we stayed together so long. Does anyone else fight this? If so, what things do you do to help the feeling?

You have to look into why you feel you're only staying with her because... Look at the pros and cons. Do you love her in the way she makes you feel good, or do you love her in the way you'd do anything for her. Does she love you back and what signs does she show? I'd try and have a good long think before you jump to any conclusions. If things seem OK and there's one or two drawbacks, talk to her about them and sort them out If there's a lot of drawbacks, perhaps it's time to part ways, but do it in an understanding way so she doesn't hold a grudge on you.

Comment

Working...
    X