SO Moving For Work and I'm Terrified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO Moving For Work and I'm Terrified

SO was offered his dream job a few days ago and he's taking it. It'll mean him moving 1600 miles away and traveling for work half of the year as well, but it's a foot in the door that he needs in his career field.

I'm terrified. Terrified the distance will destroy us, terrified that I'll move eventually (which is the goal) and I'll be unhappy there what with him traveling for work so much, etc. and so forth.

When he moves I'm not sure when we'll see each other again as he'll be starting a new job and I am short on vacation days and we're both short on money. It's going to be months apart at least.

So..help keep me sane?

Ok, you don't have to be terrified that he's leaving. It is a long distance away from each other, but you can make it! I don't know info about how long you two have been together, but if you both are truly in love then no amount of distance can separate you! The thing to remember is you both have to make effort to make it work. Hopefully he'll be able to take some time from his day to either call you, send you texts, maybe even have a little skype date.

Communication is important as well. If you have concerns about moving out there or finances for visits then talk it out. Obviously there are things on this website to give you ideas on what to do in an ldr. Hope that helps a little. Good luck! ^_^

Comment

Working...
    X