Trust in a LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust in a LDR

I've always had trust issues stemming from teenage hood. I was in a terrible marriage where my husband cheated regularly. I'm seeing a man who I absolutely adore. He's everything I could ever want. But we live 18 hours away. We see each other once a month. When we're together everything is perfect. And quite frankly when we're not together everything is perfect too. We talk every single day. But my trust issues are hard at work. I always have fears of him being with someone else. I'm terrified of the distance. I don't know how to get past those feelings. I want to trust him. I want to believe he isn't doing anything that would hurt me. But I just can't. It eats away at me.

Go see a therapist for this.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

It is natural to be scared of the past repeating itself.

We can all have issues with trust and it can mean a different thing for everyone. I have my own fears in a relationship that are not about cheating, but things I have experienced and that I fear can repeat themselves. I am not always sure what my SO can do about it, but when I think of something, I ask that of him. You can do to. If your SO seems like you could trust him, work with him about raising your trust in him.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
      X