Really need help, he's too sweet to let go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really need help, he's too sweet to let go

I "met" my boyfriend in January 2015. We played a game together and clicked immediately. He's 10 years my jr and 2 thousand miles away so we kept it playful/flirty. I over time fell for him because he's so sweet and we do click well. The physical attraction on my end has been low, but he's sweet enough to get past it. He came to see me, and while physical attraction didn't change, I didn't care because emotionally, mentally and sexually we were in sync. But since he went home he's been lazy. He takes longer to answer messages, will hang out with his brother over talking to me at night. He still says sweet things, tells me I'm perfect for him, but it doesnt feel like enough anymore. Because of my age I need more than LD. He says he wants it too, but i know he doesn't feel the rush I do. We talked about me flying to see him, which I will be doing soon, and then him moving here. But we have no time frame or solid plan as far as the move goes. I now scrutinizing every thing he says and I'm constantly on edge, but he playfully laughs when I get mad and I end up relaxing. I LOVE the person he is but I'm getting restless. How do I know if this is not meant to be? How long do I wait?
    Last edited by In a NY Minute; July 14, 2017, 12:31 AM. Reason: Further information

I can imagine that at 25, nothing much feels like a rush to him. I started to date my SO when he was 26 and I was 32. He is definetely feeling the rush more now that he is turning 30 and everyone around him starts planning their lives, getting "serious" jobs, having kids etc. My SO lives 2600 miles away and now all the does is ask when I will come visit him. I think definetely it can be an age thing. Also, guys can be slow to open up but once they do they trust you a lot. Have you earned that trust yet?

I think the best you do is focus on your communication as of now. Let him see his brother and his friends, but let him know you appreciate hearing from him too. Work on how you are long distance, and to plan visits well. In time you will know what to do.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

You don't feel physically atracted to him but still you are sexually in sync?

It can be an age thing, male thing or personality thing. Have you actually discussed that he is the one doing the move? So that he himself has expressed that he want's to do it. You need to have a honest talk about your future, epectations and timeframe. Íf he is not ready within the timeline you have then you have to decide if you are willign to wait.

In our relationship I'm the one getting restless. I'm 27 and biy boyfrend is 36. His timeline didn't match mine and it turned into a huge problem between us. We had a vague plan but not a real one. It got to the point where I almost ended the whole relationship after 5 years. We are working through it but it requires a lot of compromise, communication, honesty and understanding.

Comment

Working...
      X