Birthday HEEEELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday HEEEELP

My SO was going to visit the end of May 2018, his birthday is June 2nd,he is turning 30 so I feel like it is a big deal, and I have talked him into staying for his birthday but I honestly have no clue what to do for him. I visited him in April, and I'm going again in August and probably December. Circumstances make it is easier for me to go to him but he wants to come and meet my family and everything. I am younger than him but I feel like 30 is a small milestone and I was hoping some of you would have some ideas of what we can do. My SO is from Alabama, he has been to California when he was younger but hasn't been in a very long time.

If you were coming to California what would you want to do? Some have given the idea to throw him a party, but I feel like that might be weird because he wouldn't know anyone at his own birthday party. HEEEEELP
    California- Alabama
    Relationship began: April 4, 2017
    First visit: Alabama: April 4-8, 2017
    Second visit: Alabama: August 22-30, 2017
    Third visit: Alabama: December 9-19, 2017
    Fourth visit: California: May 25- June 4, 2018
    Fifth visit: Alabama: September 15- 26, 2018
    Sixth visit: Alabama: December 18, 2018-January 3, 2019
    Seventh visit: Alabama: April 2-10, 2019

If I were going to Cali, I would want to see some of that awesome coastline that tantalizes me in pictures. But, that's just me--I'm mesmerized by the ocean. The question really should be, when your SO goes to Cali, what would he want to do? Is he outdoorsy? Is he artsy? Does he like music? Are there any events going on that he might be interested in?
    I'd need to know a few more of his interests before I could make definitive suggestions. Maybe talking to people in his life would help you out. You got plenty of time and life can drastically change in a year--don't sweat it!
    sigpic

Comment

There are limitless things to do in California, but it all depends on what he would like to do. It would help to post his interests. I would try to find live music with genres that you both like. In the East Bay area there are so many different venues and you can find musicians of almost any genre.

Comment

Take him to Disneyland. Or is he more of a fancy dinner type of guy? Of take him to a vineyard.

Think If there is something he has talked about something he has "always" wanted to do and make that happen.

Comment

May be if you want to know what he wants, it's a good idea to ask him? We don't know him, actually. Just drop a question like 'what would you like to do when you are in ...'?
          Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
            May be if you want to know what he wants, it's a good idea to ask him? We don't know him, actually. Just drop a question like 'what would you like to do when you are in ...'?
            This ^^^^

It also depends on where you are in CA. I mean, it can take HOURS to get from one place to another there (15 hours from the top to bottom of the state, for those that aren't from the US). Are you close to Disney? Close to the ocean? Close to the Sequoia's? Would you be able to go along the PCH and stay overnight in Cambria? See Hearst Castle? Seal Beach? Visit the Hollywood walk of fame and the Hollywood sign? There is lots to do but where you live in CA is also going to play a part.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
            X