Wow this is something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this is something

I've been in a relationship for going on 5 months with a guy that's VERY busy he works non stop. We text, speak on the phone and FaceTime some days more than others.
    A bit of background info we used to go to school together many many years ago and was friends on social media for a long time before one day we both just looked at each other differently.

I've visited where he is a couple times and we didn't spend much time together at all tho we did speak on the phone, text and FaceTime.

I really want this to work he's has more than one job and one of his jobs is in the entertainment industry lots of women. Some days I truly worry the distance will be too much for him. And without getting ahead of myself how far into the relationship should you discuss closing the Gap. Meeting kids and parents,? This entire relationship is so new type to me.

Hi and welcome.

Well... I might not be right on the spot, but may be you can ask him what he feels for you. Or, rethorically, tell him you hope he feels as much for you as you do for him. Then you could bring the subject to LDR and see how he thinks about it.

There's no real thing set in stone - according to me, that is - how far you have to be into the relationship to start talking about meeting, kids, parents and closing the distance. But before you do, you should make pretty sure you know him well and he knows you well, and that you're both comfortable with each other. Then you can talk, plan, and visit. I would reccomend a few visits before you decide to close the distance.

If he truly loves you, he'll not be 'into' the women he works with. Because a real man (imho) will only have eyes for his own lady. At least, I do.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

It's hard to say without knowing how far away you guys are. Not to say that distance is the only measuring stick to go by or that some ldrs are somehow "better" than others.

But, I guess what I am saying is....if you travelled 5,000 miles to see him, and he didn't spend much time with you...that's a red flag. If it were me, (and it very well could be, we'll see in a few weeks) I would be thoroughly angry. And, if I did it more than once and he didn't spend much time with me? Well...let's say I'd be insufferable.

Now, if you like 2 hours apart, it is a bit more...understandable. I am not downplaying your relationship, far from it. But, it would be much easier to give him a teeny bit of leeway there, in that maybe he figures, he'll visit you eventually or you guys are able to see each other a little more often. But, if you are making significant investments of time and money to go visit him, I would start to dial things back a bit.

Good luck, I hope things work out for you.

Comment

Thank you for the reply he expresses all the time he loves me we have said it to each other without hesitation....my trip I did make wasn't specific to see him he just lives in my hometown and I went back to see family he was an added bonus and we spent some time just not alot....I think what I admire most about us is our commitment to making this work. Thank you for listening well reading lol and I hope all goes well in your LDR as well...this can feel lonely at times when people who aren't in LDR simply don't understand.

Comment

Working...
        X