Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I (26, m) am very confused by the mixed signals of my gf (27, f)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I (26, m) am very confused by the mixed signals of my gf (27, f)

Hello

Me & my girlfriend are having a online relationship since November 2016. We started texting each other on a social media platform in February 2016. Since then, a lot of things went back and forth.

I knew from the start that I wanted to meet her even if the distance is enormous. She was affectionate from the very beginning and we have a lot of things in common. Last year, we were planning to meet at a Caribbean holiday location. I bought my plane ticket but she cancelled our vacation saying that she has several important projects lined up in her hometown, which makes it impossible for her to take a vacation.

I cancelled the flight. I was a bit disappointed but I was still okay. In December, I suggested that I could visit her in her hometown in September. She agreed and now my flight to Mexico City in September is only weeks away.

We are texting each other very rarely. Her cell phone is broken since last winter, so we only communicate via social media. I would like to text her everyday but she said that she couldn't text me everyday. She said that without stating the reason. I accepted it though and we agreed to text each other every Friday and Saturday.

At least, her texts have been very affectionate up to now, which always made me want to continue the relationship. We also skyped once, I was sending her kisses, she did the same. Things like that make me happy but now I'm just worried.

She's being distant since last weekend. No "honey" anymore, no heart emojis anymore. She says everything's fine though. Last weekend she gave me her full name for the first time, because I asked for it. I googled the name and I found her on the website of her employer including a cell phone number right below her name. I asked her about the number, she said that it was a cell phone used solely for professional purposes.

That was the conversation when she stopped using heart emojis. She's still saying that she wants to see me and that everything's fine but I don't know how to interpret her change in behavior.

I'm trying to clarify this with her right now but the time difference between our countries makes it hard to have conversations in general.

I appreciate every piece of advice!
    Last edited by D.C.; August 5, 2017, 04:09 AM.

Unfortunately, we can't speak for her thoughts or feelings. She may be stressed about other things or nervous about meeting you.

I give this advice to anyone visiting their SO for the first time: have a backup plan. Make sure you know of hotels, transportation, and food places in the area. Look for things in the area that you would like to do if you ended up being on your own. Everyone who goes to visit their SO for the first time hopes it works on but on the rare occasion, it doesn't. So, if that happens, you are at least prepared to make it a vacation for just you and take advantage of your time away from home.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
      Unfortunately, we can't speak for her thoughts or feelings. She may be stressed about other things or nervous about meeting you.

I give this advice to anyone visiting their SO for the first time: have a backup plan. Make sure you know of hotels, transportation, and food places in the area. Look for things in the area that you would like to do if you ended up being on your own. Everyone who goes to visit their SO for the first time hopes it works on but on the rare occasion, it doesn't. So, if that happens, you are at least prepared to make it a vacation for just you and take advantage of your time away from home.
      Thank you very much, R&R. Yeah, I guess, having a plan B is important. My plane ticket to Mexico City was very expensive but I spent this money because I have a big crush on this woman. I hope she appreciates everything I do for her. If she doesn't, then I will try to enjoy this city without her.
      Last edited by D.C.; August 5, 2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

R&R's advice was what I was going to say.
        Best of luck, hopefully it goes well

Comment

I am sorry, I think the whole set up sounds weird. This woman is hard to reach:

He personal cell phone is broken since last year and she still did not get a new one?

Even on social media she can only contact you two days a week, without giving you any reason for this?

You have only Skyped one time, even if you have dated 8-9 months and you are about to see her next month?

She only gave out her full name last week, by request?

You can't contact her on her businiss phone, even if she has no personal phone?

If I was you, I would try to call her on the businiss phone. I mean she would need to use it anyway when she is coming to meet you in Mexico City airport, so you need to know you can reach her. I am hoping very much that is her on the other end.

Because this sounds a little fishy.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
            I am sorry, I think the whole set up sounds weird. This woman is hard to reach:

He personal cell phone is broken since last year and she still did not get a new one?

Even on social media she can only contact you two days a week, without giving you any reason for this?

You have only Skyped one time, even if you have dated 8-9 months and you are about to see her next month?

She only gave out her full name last week, by request?

You can't contact her on her businiss phone, even if she has no personal phone?

If I was you, I would try to call her on the businiss phone. I mean she would need to use it anyway when she is coming to meet you in Mexico City airport, so you need to know you can reach her. I am hoping very much that is her on the other end.

Because this sounds a little fishy.
            I agree. Her becoming less affectionate when you tried to see if she is actually real is also not a good sign...

Comment

Working...
            X