Not getting any better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not getting any better

We met last year in October on facebook. We've been together for 9 months. november will be a year. he lives in honduras and i live in the US but i'm also from honduras. just a month ago, i actually met him for the first time everything was great i stayed for two weeks we had absolutely no problems. we loved being with each other. returning back home, things started to go downhill. since i've left he's been drinking and can't seem to stop. he got a visa to go to another country for work and since i knew he was leaving i was worried that things would change. obviously it's a whole other environment from what he's used too. i was scared that he'd forget about me. for the past two weeks, he's been acting strange. he's been really disrespectful towards me, making comments he doesn't usually say, talking a different way, showing no effort, etc. these are things that he's NEVER done. it's just not like him. even on the phone he sounds different. he's even been picking arguments for no reason. we've gotten into a few small arguments over the past week and 2 big ones. the bigger argument was i'd try explaining to him how i felt about his sudden change i've really been mentioning hoping he'll notice but he claims he hasn't changed and usually it never succeeds. yesterday i decided to break up with him because i was tired of the disrespect, the rude comments, putting me down, and the change. i don't know why he was acting this way either. so i did what i thought was best for us. 3 hours later i realized it's not exactly what i wanted. i tried talking to him but he pushed me away and blocked me. hours later he unblocked just so i could help him with something then he left my message on read. we haven't texted since. the last thing he said was that he'll always love me and that he didn't understand what i was trying to fix if nothing was "broken". point is i don't know what to do. i can't stand not texting him. i can't take this break up i thought i could but i really can't. he's like my best friend and boyfriend in one. i want to get back with him so bad but i also want things to go back to normal. i'm scared he'll block me if i try to talk to him again. im giving him space but it's really hard for me because i'm dying to text him and fix things. i'm especially scared that if i don't try and win him back that someone else will. what should i do?

Welcome to LFAD!

I cannot tell you what you should do, but I can tell you what I would do and what I would not do. I am not in the business of trying to win anyone back that treated me poorly. Why would I? If someone picks arguments with me and is disrespectful, then I would not want them in my future.

I suggest you autopsy the relationship so you can learn from it. Autopsy link

Comment

Working...
    X