How you become a couple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How you become a couple

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but I'm curious to know how all the long distance couples that met online decided to become a couple. What I mean is did you have a talk about it or just happen over time and someone start calling the other bf or gf?
    I'm curious because when you are in acose distance relationship it kinda happens with time but long distance is a whole different animal

In my case it was the "we clearly like each other, are we going to keep on like this (this = just friends)?" talk he initiated before we first got together.

Comment

His best friend hung out with us in the gaming community we were both a part of, and totally "shipped us" he kept pushing and pushing for us to get together. Until one day we did! It was very mutual all the way through just neither of us had the balls to admit to it until his friend really pushed it.
      First Met Online: April 2016
      Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
      First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
      Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

We both met on a datingsite so our intentions were pretty clear. Of course, there has to be a click, and my the time my lady and I started chatting, she did have another guy who she was chatting with. She dumped him after 4 or 5 days or so. It became pretty obvious really quick that we are the same for about 98%. We're now over a year together (online, that is) and didn't regret a single second. I can't really remember when I asked her to be my special girl, just that it happened very early on in the chats. As I said, we both didn't regret it for a second.
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

It's not that different, you still have to talk about things and spend time together. We worked together, started spending off-hours chatting and eventually just knew, there wasn't a lot to discuss. We were just together.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

We met on a dating site. We talked for nearly a month and had some dates. We had a discussion about exclusivity and I asked her to be my girlfriend. At no time before that did either of us assume that we were exclusive or that we were girlfriends.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
              In my case it was the "we clearly like each other, are we going to keep on like this (this = just friends)?" talk he initiated before we first got together.
              Oh I forgot the main detail. We had the relationship talk right after we first webcammed. Both of our feelings were so clear during that call that there was no point in avoiding to talk about it.

Comment

We did not meet online, but our first 2 months were spent online.

I met my SO on a holiday, and we did not start dating until the holiday end, so we dated only 2-3 days in person. He gave me a big dried star fish and some shells as a present (he used to work in a beach restaurant), and was like "Will you write me?". It was very sweet. After I came home, we kept in touch and one day, I said: We act very smitten. Maybe we are in love. He said: It is love! And I said: We act a bit like we are boyfriend and girlfriend, dont you think? (wink wink) and he said: Og course you are my girlfriend! And that was that.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I just asked my SO if we were going to be exclusive because that was what I was looking for. We both agreed that we would be.

Comment

Hehe mine is rather simplistic. We started out just as chat buddies and when I felt my feelings growing for him, I tried to cut it off, because I didn't want to get attached to someone of a different faith on the other side of the world. Eventually, the pain in my heart from the very few days we managed to go without talking was too much, and I gave up. We kept chatting as "best friends" and mutually agreed not to become "official" until we met in person. I mentioned getting a promise ring. A couple days before I flew to India, he sent me a picture of an handmade origami ring box, but didn't show me what was inside. When we met in person, I saw the ring box inside his backpack several times, but he never let me open it because there was always a chaperone around us. About three nights before I left, he finally nervously gave it to me, breathing heavily. I opened it to find...a monstrous blue paper origami diamond ring. I'm not a materialistic person...I wasn't expecting a real diamond ring. But so much anticipation ending in a gargantuan paper thing....my confusion and disappointment had to have shown on my face. He explained that he didn't even know my ring size, so he made the origami to act as a test sizer. Which was a logical way to go about it. He checked out my ring finger for size, and the next day went shopping for a promise ring. When he gave it to me, I was inwardly a little disappointed again. It didn't look like a promise ring..it was a silver ring with a big blue flower on top. But, our relationship isn't conventional, so why have a conventional ring, and he knows blue is my favorite color.
                    Then he pulled out a fake diamond ring with diamonds all the way around the ring. That's more like it. Except everyone will assume we're engaged.
                    Pulled out another ring. A monstrous turquoise flower ring that looks like a Halloween spider ring. Seriously, three rings? Why?
                    Nope, four rings. Finally, a cute gold ring with the top part of the wire writing LOVE and the O being a diamond heart. Awwww. That one stayed on my hand.
                    Why not make it an even five? A simple silver diamond ring to complete the set.
                    Lol, that's how I ended up with five rings and a boyfriend. Except they all rather tarnished and I don't really wear any of them.

I don't expect anyone to have read this.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
                      I did.
                      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
                        Hehe mine is rather simplistic. We started out just as chat buddies and when I felt my feelings growing for him, I tried to cut it off, because I didn't want to get attached to someone of a different faith on the other side of the world. Eventually, the pain in my heart from the very few days we managed to go without talking was too much, and I gave up. We kept chatting as "best friends" and mutually agreed not to become "official" until we met in person. I mentioned getting a promise ring. A couple days before I flew to India, he sent me a picture of an handmade origami ring box, but didn't show me what was inside. When we met in person, I saw the ring box inside his backpack several times, but he never let me open it because there was always a chaperone around us. About three nights before I left, he finally nervously gave it to me, breathing heavily. I opened it to find...a monstrous blue paper origami diamond ring. I'm not a materialistic person...I wasn't expecting a real diamond ring. But so much anticipation ending in a gargantuan paper thing....my confusion and disappointment had to have shown on my face. He explained that he didn't even know my ring size, so he made the origami to act as a test sizer. Which was a logical way to go about it. He checked out my ring finger for size, and the next day went shopping for a promise ring. When he gave it to me, I was inwardly a little disappointed again. It didn't look like a promise ring..it was a silver ring with a big blue flower on top. But, our relationship isn't conventional, so why have a conventional ring, and he knows blue is my favorite color.
                        Then he pulled out a fake diamond ring with diamonds all the way around the ring. That's more like it. Except everyone will assume we're engaged.
                        Pulled out another ring. A monstrous turquoise flower ring that looks like a Halloween spider ring. Seriously, three rings? Why?
                        Nope, four rings. Finally, a cute gold ring with the top part of the wire writing LOVE and the O being a diamond heart. Awwww. That one stayed on my hand.
                        Why not make it an even five? A simple silver diamond ring to complete the set.
                        Lol, that's how I ended up with five rings and a boyfriend. Except they all rather tarnished and I don't really wear any of them.

Out of curiosity. Why did he give you FIVE rings again? What was his reasoning?

Comment

And was it on the 5th day of Christmas?

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure and he didn't really tell me. Maybe he just had a tough time making up his mind and that's the solution he came up with. He picked them all out though, so it wasn't like it was was five ring set. He's goofy like that I guess.
                            Blue flower
                            https://photos.app.goo.gl/iHNMg3Dkt4M4AGJO2 My favorite
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                              And was it on the 5th day of Christmas?
                              No, unfortunately, it was the mucky day of March. But that would've been extra funny!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X