No announcement yet.

America to Morocco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very close friend of mine was with a man from Morocco for a year or two, she would always go and see him but he refused to come here to America to visit her. He would do things such as give her ultimatums and even break up with her for not having the means. He gave me a bad vibe about all the men there and this just validates those vibes. Be careful!

Comment

If I were you, I would never agree to a meeting under those circumstances! I agree with all of the people above about ultimatums, spouse visa's without meeting, etc.

To me those things are not just red flags, they are no go's. No one who truly cares for you or your feelings, would do those things.

Comment

If you intend to stay with him, no matter the red flags, you should insist on meeting in a neutral country. Somewhere like France should let you both in easily enough. If he can't afford his own travel, and will only meet at his home, it's probably time to break it off. Are you an experienced traveler? Have you been out of the US before? If the answers are 'no', you definitely shouldn't show up in Morocco, where the laws and culture are so different. Meet up somewhere in Europe, or not at all.

You say you're a teacher in a lot of debt, but you need to meet certain financial criteria to ship him over here on a marriage visa, I believe. Also, obtaining the visa itself is quite expensive. Sometimes, love just isn't enough, you BOTH need the financial means to do this, and it doesn't sound like doing it on your own is realistic right now.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X