Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My partner plans and thinks too far ahead. What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you to all the recent comments. Some great responses that have been really helpful.

I have shared my thoughts with my SO, but he has simply come back with, "Well I will do what I wish and just not share until you want me to share." I was a little hurt by this, as I don't want him to completely stop sharing with me. I just need him to plan things in moderation, and not to extremes like he has been doing.

But I would like to continue to discuss this with him, and hope we can come to a mutual understanding.

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
    I believe there are two kinds of people in this world: Balloons and Bricks. […] I encourage you to think about this concept and work on how you can communicate with your partner about his hopes and dreams.
    This concept is very interesting and I think I’ll share it with my SO. Thank you for the advice.

Comment

Key is good communication is to think before you say something (I am guilty of not always doing that, too...) and to try to see both ways. But... that counts for both partners.

Good luck, I hope you can work it out.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
      X