Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now what?

Long story short I'm meeting my SO in December and I couldn't be any happier. Although as I want this to be as amazing as we have imagined it, I wanna think of things to surprise him with and make this experience memorable as it's very special for me. In other words I'm asking for advice of what we can do (like bonding activities), things that you all have done with your SO or still do and they've left you with happy memories. Also I quite fancy organizing something for NYE for him but I want it to be a bit more special than a dinner in a fancy restaurant and watching the fireworks, if anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful.

To be fair if it’s your first meeting I’m sure anything will float. That being said, if you’re looking for something specific, think about what he likes; music? movies? walks? Do you live near a beach while he’s never been to one? Do you live near any theme parks or attractions? Etc etc.
    Also, and this is just from personal experience, getting yourself something nice to wear for bedtime (*wink*wink*) will definitely surprise him.
    If you ever feel like what you’re planning isn’t going to plan, just remember he loves you and he probably doesn’t mind. As long as you have a fantastic time together, that’s all that matters. Personally we’ve had a few times where we haven’t had the time to do things but we just agree to do it the next time.

Comment

There are so many things you can do for bonding... but we don't know your bf, so what can we suggest? What I like, he might hate. And the other way around. If you know him, you know what he likes. Put that knowledge to your advantage and do something with that.

I am sorry but I can't help you.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Haha thank you, Shauny, I'll definitely keep the bed attire in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Shauny View Post
          Also, and this is just from personal experience, getting yourself something nice to wear for bedtime (*wink*wink*) will definitely surprise him.

Originally posted by ccciiip View Post
          Haha thank you, Shauny, I'll definitely keep the bed attire in mind.
          If I recall correctly, you're not quite 18 ccciip? I seem to recall that you are a student and your SO lives with his parents. I suggest the two of you get to know each other and discover what the other one likes, and that surprises can be planned around what the other person likes.

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
            If I recall correctly, you're not quite 18 ccciip? I seem to recall that you are a student and your SO lives with his parents. I suggest the two of you get to know each other and discover what the other one likes, and that surprises can be planned around what the other person likes.
            I am 18 already indeed as is he but yeah he does live with his parents. I just wanted to do something special, I know things that he likes though I wanted to think of something original

Comment

For bonding activities, it's been proven statistically that adventures such as hikes actually help a couple feel bonded. So if you get out and do an activity with him that gets your endorphins going it will help with bonded. From Psychology Today: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-stay-together

Comment

How long is your visit? I ask because first meetings can be pretty overwhelming (in a good way), and if it's only a week or less, you'll be fine with just dinner and fireworks, since you'll be getting to know each other, introducing to friends and family, showing off where you live, etc. You don't want to pack in so much that it becomes a forgettable blur, leave time to just relax and hang out. Be careful not to over-do it

If the visit is longer, things like a Winter picnic in a local park you like, showing him your favorite hometown places, a local sports game, or whatever makers your area unique would be great. We can't be super specific, like you'd want, since we don't know your area, or money situation, so it's a little hard to answer this for you.
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X