Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advice???

Hello,

I'm a 15 (almost 16) years old girl from the Netherlands and my first ever relationship is with a guy from Los Angeles who's just one month younger than me. We've been together just over a week. He's incredibly sweet and he truly does his best to make me happy. I adore him so much.

I'm having a lot of trouble coping with our relationship even though we have been together for just a bit longer than a week. The fact that I can't be in his presence is horrible, but there's a 9 hours time difference between us. When I wake up for school, he goes to bed. When I get back out of school, he wakes up for school. When he gets out of school, I need to go to bed. Not very convenient, but luckily we can still wish each other a goodnight and good morning.

The earliest I MIGHT meet him is next year during this time, but I don't expect that to happen. I think I'll be 18 when meeting him and that's a lot of time we have to endure. I really need to find a way to cope with our situation cause of my (diagnosed) depression. I'm really happy when talking to him, but when I'm not I just miss him so much.

Do you have any tips on how to cope with this?

Hello there Anan! First of all, I'd like to congratulate you for finding someone that makes you happy!
    I understand the distance between you two, I'm actually living by Los Angeles at the moment, while my beloved is in The Netherlands.
    It's very trying to be in a relationship with someone when you don't get to see them much, and timezones get in the way, but it's very worth it when that person means so much to you.
    I also got to meet him a year and a few months into the relationship, and it was wonderful. We'll be having our 3rd year anniversary soon!

The only tips and advice I can give you is to focus on yourself as much as you can, while making those moments together the best part of your day.
    It is difficult, but with communication and perseverance, it can happen. I wish you well!!

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

5518MilesApart gave you a good answer.

On my side, i will give you my personal opinion, its not as sweet as 5518MilesApart thou.

you are 15 and he is 16.
      This already tell most of the problem.
      If you both was living in the same country but in different area, i would said its possible.
      But you both live on each side of the world, and add to this, that you both are in the middle of puberty (no offense, just stating the facts).
      Emotions and feelings changes from days to days during this period, and when something bad happen, it hurt more than ever.

If you want my personal point of view on your relationship i would say : Enjoy it while it last, but don't expect too much.
      You boths are very youngs, still kids (Usually age doesn't matter, but it does matter in your case).

I don't say your relationship is bad, not at all, just take it as a classic relationship.
      We all at some point during our teenage times though we would spend our life together with our boyfriend/girlfriend, to finally break up some months later.

Of course, if both of you have the patience and will to wait till the right time to finaly be togethers, be my guest, im even giving you my blessing and support.
      Just don't expect too much, and enjoy your teenage life !

Comment

Working...
      X