Post visit blues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post visit blues.

Less than 3 weeks ago I met my boyfriend in person for the first time and it was amazing. On the weeks running up to the visit I was all over the place emotionally dealing with doubtful thoughts and panicking that I might not impress him.

But as soon as I met him at the airport he totally blew all of my doubts and fears away, he was everything and more we just clicked automatically and fell in love all over again. Being physically near him and with him helped me overcome my fears and my trip was awesome.

Now that I am back home I miss him soo much. I cried at the airport and on the flight home at the thought of leaving him even though I know we will be seeing each again soon. I feel so numb at times and it hurts how much I miss him. I love my boyfriend and I dont want my want for him to cause any issues so my question to you guys is Have any of you been in this situation? Does the numbness get any easier? and if so how did you deal with the longing?

Any advice/input would be most gratefully appriciated.
    When they stand before us they find...A force they were not ready for.

Are you a student? If yes, go to school. Focus on school.
    Are you gainfully employed? If yes, go to work and be present at work.
    Have friends? If yes, spend time with them. Enjoy yourself.
    Have hobbies? If yes, spend time on your hobbies.
    Have family? If yes, spend time with them.
    Have interests? If yes, spend time on those things you are interested in.
    Have internet? Read about the stages of relationships so that you will be knowledgeable about how relationships grow.
    Exercised today? If not, go for a walk or jog or bike ride. Get active.
    If you answered no to all of the above, change your life so that you can answer yes to some of these things.

Be a whole person so that you can be a whole person in a relationship. Become a priority and have a great relationship with yourself. Do not rely on your partner to complete you. Be a complete person whose partner is a positive addition to your life.

Comment

Working...
    X