Holy cow. It's happening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy cow. It's happening.

For those of you who know me, my dreams are finally coming true. For those of you who don't, quick back story. My husband and I have been LD for nearly 6 years. He's been trying to get a transfer from NY to Ga since he started his new job 3 1/2 years ago. He's had a few interviews for a transfer that looked promising, but nothing happened. Back in October I was really sick and in the hospital for a week. He came here and didn't leave my side. He ended up being here for 11 days and while he was here hair boss came across a position within the company that would he perfect for him, and he could work from home. When he finally got back to NY he applied for the job....and after several interviews and a few weeks of waiting, he finally got the offer TODAY! Starting the first of the year he officially lives in Georgia! He can work from home or out of the regional corporate offices in the next town. More importantly, he keeps his NY salary, which is amazing, because in all of the positions he applied for he would have had to take a $50,000 pay cut. And....he can work from ANYWHERE in the world. That means our dreams of living in the Carribean may happen in three years when my son graduates! At the very least we go somewhere with palm trees and the ocean. Plus, we will he saving $20,000 a year in travel expenses becaus he won't be coming here every weekend. I am over the moon excited. I had to share so those of you who don't see your distance ending any time soon can see that it DOES happen. Be patient. God knows my patience has worn thin over the years. Thank God my husband has more faith in me than I do. 2018 is going to be a great year for us!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Congratulations. I am very happy for you both.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Such happy news!!! Congrats and may 2018 be great for all of us!

Comment

Yay! Sorry to hear you were sick but that is wonderful news!
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Firstly I am sorry to hear that you were Ill but thankfull to hear you are doing much better. Secondly congradulations! This is wonderful news, I wish you both many more years of happiness and good times. You guys deserve it. Best wishes to you both :-)
          When they stand before us they find...A force they were not ready for.

Comment

Thank you, all. I appreciate it.
            sigpic

Comment

Yay! I’m so excited that you two finally get to close the distance!

Comment

So excited for you! Thanks for sharing the good news!!
                sigpic

Comment

Yay!! That's such wonderful news, I'm really excited for you!

Comment

That is so awesome, I'm so happy for you being able to finally close the distance. I hope we will still see you around the forums! You always give out such nice advice!
                    First Met Online: April 2016
                    Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
                    First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
                    Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

What amazing news!! I am so excited for you!!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Im in the camp of those who don't know you, but i give you my sincere congratulations !

Its a great and hard journey that ending for you, but only to open a new one even more amazing !

I reconize myself a bit in your SO situation, as i myself left my stationary work in France, and started my own Video game making company (wich is my dream job btw) just to get the freedom to fly to my SO !

Again, congratulations !

Comment

Thank you so much. Actually, my Dr called me this evening to tell me I am still sick....today is the two month anniversary of the day I got sick. And he said I won't be better for another three months! This is draining, but I am SO happy we are finally going to be a FULL TIME married couple?
                          sigpic

Comment

thanks so much.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X