Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys spend Christmas in a LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys spend Christmas in a LDR?

I'm well new here and this is my first post. I would like to know what things you guys like to do to spend Christmas as a LDR?

My boyfriend and I open each others Christmas presents over skype that we mail each other. This year as well as doing that we are going to be watching Your Name (japanese movie) as well. I'm looking forward to it, only 2 more days until then =)
    Last edited by SusanDelcatty; December 23, 2017, 07:26 PM.

Very romantic...we decided not to buy presents this year. I went to my parents, he went to his. I'll send him a text saying merry christmas and he will respond with you too. THis is pretty much how we always do it

Comment

I don't think we ever really have...one year he sent me a package which was fun, but I remember there wasn't a letter included and that was a bit of a bummer (I do so love his letters!). This year he's home again for the holidays, so the extent of our celebration together most likely will be sending merry Christmas greeting pictures to each other. I'm not big on Christmas so it doesn't bother me...I am a little bummed to miss New Year's, though.
      sigpic

Comment

My lady and me will chat as usually and we chat a lot (4 hours a day). We both set our homes up for Christmas, and I probably sing a few Christmas songs for her (she loves to hear me sing). In case we're going to cam I will play her some songs on the organ, too. Depends. She has her family there, and I am seeing some friends.
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Not much out of our ordinary routine. We send each other gifts, although his haven't arrived in time unfortunately, we open them separately with our families and then we talk about it. Go about everything normally after that.

Comment

With my ex, we'd send each other presents then video chat either on christmas eve or christmas day to open them together. With my SO this year she came to visit me the other week and we just had christmas early, cooked a christmas dinner together and opened presents, she could only stay for a few hours but it was nice.
            my girls <3

Josie (SO)
            Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
            Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
            Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
            Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
            Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
            Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
            Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
            All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

My SO and I usually wish Merry Christmas on a call or by text, and we sent a card with a present to each other. This year I got her "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (the book), in both French and English. Her present to me is on its way. Other than that, Christmas day is just a normal day.

Comment

Last year my SO and I were able to spend literally the whole day talking on Skype and just enjoying each other's company. I've sent him presents in the past for Christmas, as well as cards, and he's sent stuff that's never arrived. In the end, we both decided not to bother sending each other anything since the postal service has let us down on many occasions. This year I haven't been able to see my SO at all beyond 20 minutes (in a zombie-like state) after he came home from work last night, and I've not been able to speak with him today. He's also working the next three days, and over the new years period. It's upset me, but there's not a whole lot I can do.

Comment

He wishes me marry Christmas, then goes on to work lol He is a muslim as well as dont have much vacation time so he works all through December while I usually am busy with family. I got him Christmas/NYE presents the first years, now I dont bother as I dont want him to feel bad for not having anything for me. I suppose we will get each other something when he moves here and he may actually start to make sense of the holiday as well as make money that's a bit similar to what I do. Our economy is very different in that I make much, much more money than he does, due to the differences between our countries. The usual way here is that I get him things for visits, usually tax free stuff. I dont like that he works so much but it is not something he can decide. If he worked only season he would be in too much debt.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                  X