Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does knowing it will change make it harder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does knowing it will change make it harder?

This is my first time here so i don't really know how all this works, but here I go.

Me and my bf met 3 years ago. He's in the military and has signed off, meaning he would have left by this time next year.

He left a couple days ago after the festive for a visit. This is the first time in all 3 years that I've struggled with intensely unhappy feelings. All I do is cry, I have no desire to clean up the stuff he left or change the sheets. I've coped so well with it before and now I feel ungrateful for how little time we get together, and just want to be with him, all day, every day. It doesn't feel right saying goodbye to the person who I truly believe is the one.

So I'd like to ask; has anyone else found that knowing you'll be together soon, made things harder in the short-term?

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Well, I will not get to see my baby for a while. But when we get to see each other again, I recognize that it will be difficult. Because there will be a stream of emotions just gushing out of the both of us. I know that it will be hard to have to say good bye all over again, especially now that I have an understanding of how harsh the distance can truly be.

And I have to say I cannot relate to what you are currently going through, but I want you to know if you stick with it, the time will eventually pass.

Even though it feels like it drags on and on, it'll pass.

And I know that this comment may not help any, if at all. And I'm so sorry. I'm sorry b/c I understand that pain you feel, and I understand that the only person who can comfort that pain is your significant other.

Stay strong.
    He who gives you inexplicable happiness will always be he who gives reason for your inexplicable sadness.[/I] [/I]

Comment

Thanks for replying

Originally posted by MyRose View Post
      Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Well, I will not get to see my baby for a while. But when we get to see each other again, I recognize that it will be difficult. Because there will be a stream of emotions just gushing out of the both of us. I know that it will be hard to have to say good bye all over again, especially now that I have an understanding of how harsh the distance can truly be.

And I have to say I cannot relate to what you are currently going through, but I want you to know if you stick with it, the time will eventually pass.

Even though it feels like it drags on and on, it'll pass.

And I know that this comment may not help any, if at all. And I'm so sorry. I'm sorry b/c I understand that pain you feel, and I understand that the only person who can comfort that pain is your significant other.

Stay strong.
      Your words are really helpful, thank you. It is nice to know and see how many people understand how painful these relationships can be.

It's already march I know but time does also feel like it's dragging on. I just want to be gone and with him already. Start my life, our life. Doesn't feel like I can until I'm with him.

I'm sorry that its as painful for you. I can truly appreciate how much it sucks to rarely see each other. Saying goodbye never gets any easier.

You stay strong too.

Comment

Hello and Welcome! Everyone here to some extent can relate to those feelings of sadness and loneliness when your SO leaves, anexiety with when you will see them again. Depression is common, however you can’t get stuck in a rut. It’s important to keep taking care of yourself before the relationship. School, work, friendships, family - focus on those instead of the loneliness. Find a hobby to fill your time, mine are painting and scrapbooking and writing handwritten notes to my boyfriend. You will see your SO again in time, but the best thing you can do is set yourself up with a routine and stick with it even on those hard days. It’s okay to cry but you should keep going. Stay strong I’m rooting for you!
        First Met Online: April 2016
        Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
        First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
        Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

Working...
        X